“Friendly, Reasonable, Clean, Comfy”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Annapolis, Maryland
“Friendly, Reasonable, Clean, Comfy”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay Nov 9-10 2013! The staff was extremely friendly, very accommodating & the entire hotel was neat & clean, along with having reasonable rates! A continental breakfast is included & was really good with a nice variety of typical breakfast food & beverages. The night staff was extremely friendly & nice to chat with when my insomnia kicked in & I went to the lobby to watch TV. I highly recommend it & I'm a picky traveler!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank BuckeyeCrab W
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
We are delighted that you had a great visit and at that the service exceeded your expectations!

Our Staff truly cares that every guest has an outstanding stay,your comments will be passed along to our staff members.

Thank you for helping us to spread the word about The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East/Reynoldsburg to other travelers!

With much gratitude,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East/Reynoldsburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here last night on a one-day trip to Columbus. The check in person was fine, the room was clean and the bed and pillows comfortable. I had looked online (thru Trip Advisor) and it stated that there were refrigerators in the rooms. . . not in my room! So the drinks I bought and took up to the room to chill for the next day stayed warm. The alarm clock was going off when I entered the room and had the wrong clock time to boot. . .I didn't want to hassle with it so I just left it.

This is definitely a more budget experience. . no luggage rack. . . seemingly no fan in the bathroom. . . breakfast was OK but not the best I've had. There was significant road noise from the freeway all night (I was in room 212) AND the room was next to the vending/icemakers which, when the ice machines were on, was terribly loud and could be heard within the room.
If you're sensitive to noise I'd request a room farther from the vending area.

I noticed peeling paint on the door frames, but the linens were clean and I slept fine with my earplugs.

Basically, OK!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We appreciate your feedback and were delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, as well as, the service you received.

We apologize for the incorrect content posted on the website as we have no control over 3rd party sites-we do offer micro/fridges in all king rooms and suites, thank you for sharing detailed information as it helps us to correct such issues.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return stay.

Alice Tackett/GM
Willow Wood
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Extra good service at check-in and today Mel was right on top of my request. I had some business work to do and she was very helpful. They looked uo my priority number for me. Their snacks have variety. Breakfast was nutritious! Not just sweet but tgey did have them if you wanted.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I was delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East/Reynoldsburg. It was nice to hear that our associate was helpful and cordial to you. Thank you for your review, looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Wow. What a girl! Elizabeth recognized right away that we had traveled 8 hours to get here for a funeral & had booked the WRONG weekend!! Since they were full, she switched our Rewards night for the second night--no problem-- & called to the hotel next door to see if they could take us in. She in the meantime was training a new employee. That girl has a great MENTOR in customer service!!! Thank you, Elizabeth!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Beth,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Reynoldsburg Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East. It was nice to hear that Liz was able to take care of all your needs during this time, we agree she's a keeper!

Thank you for the great comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back one day in the near future..

Holiday Inn Express Columbus East/Reynoldsburg
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Based on my TripAdvisor history, I think it's apparent that I'm a traveler that's pretty easy to ease. But my stay at this Holiday Inn Express in Reynoldsburg was a huge disappointment. Check in process was smooth, and the clerk was very pleasant, giving us free snacks and water bottles.

When we got to our room, to finally put my kids to bed at 10pm after a long night at a funeral visitation, I pulled back the covers to find the absolutely disgusting stain on the bed sheets that you see in the picture I've posted. Unacceptable, and thoroughly sickening.

The next day, I thought I'd take the kids for a swim, but the water was frigid. So cold that even 4 and 7 year olds don't want to swim -- you know it's freezing if that happens. Also, their website shows a hottub, and they no longer have that, either. Yet another disappointment.

All in all, I would never ever stay here again. Go to the Fairfield Inn next door -- I've also stayed there, and never had any of the problems I encountered here.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MegBon
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for giving us your feedback, we strive to offer the best value and service in the area.
My sincere apologies for any issues after you checked in. On rare occasions sometimes a sheet may appear to have a spot on it but many times it's a from the dryer as my staff explained after coming to your room to assist you,she immediately came up and gave new linen for you comfort -I'm not sure how we could have possibly missed this,again my apologies.

We hope you will consider staying with us again if you find yourself needing to come back
in our area as we offer a great product for all of our guests.

Alice
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The room was above the pool and not only could you smell the chlorine but the entire room and
air conditioner vent smelled like mold. There was noise in the hallway with doors slamming and people talking and laughing most of the night. We were exhausted and opted not to change rooms or complain-- planned on getting up at 6am and resume driving. We should have
changed rooms as the air quality was terrible in the room. Cancelled our return reservation on the way out the door.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank maxmom77
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I'm sorry you did not have a positive experience, we would have loved to have been able to help you during your stay if only you would have allowed us to do so.

"We were exhausted and opted not to change rooms or complain"

Posting an unfavorable review for the business leaves a poor impression for their audience and is never good as it can be misleading ,leaving others to wonder why a post would be listed if the business was never given the opportunity to address such a negative view.

We actually do not use Chlorine at all in the hotel, we use Bromine which has very little odor even when “dirty,” this is one reason why it is often preferred.The real advantage is that Bromine simply does not smell .

We wish you the best and thank you for staying with us,safe travels.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When I checked in we got an upgrade to a suite. Very large two separate rooms!!! All of the amenities, microwave, refrigerator, two TV's, etc... Best of all you could open the windows for fresh air. A very good deal, less than $100.00. Side walks every where!!! We were able to walk to all of the shops and restaurants in the area. This is a great location. A special hi to Mary who was most helpful. All the staff was great. Will stop again when visiting Columbus OH area. The best HI Express we have been in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back wall of Best Buy. That way you can open windows for fresh air.