“Great little non franchise find”
Review of Scali Ristorante

Scali Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Helena, MT
“Great little non franchise find”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Not far off I-70 is an authentic and very good little Italian place. Everything is good and on my lifetime and worldwide Spumoni hunt this place scores!

• Visited December 2012

St. Petersburg, Florida
“A bit of a disappointment”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We needed a place for dinner near our hotel. This place had very good reviews, so we decided to try a new place rather than eat at one of the places we usually go to in Columbus. Big mistake. The service was very good, I have to say. My husband had a penne pasta dish with Italian sausage, peppers and onions that had some good flavor, however my spaghetti and meatballs was not the same the meatballs were heavily breaded and flavorless and the sauce on the spaghetti lacked flavor and spicing. I have had better sauces from a jar. My salad was heavily coated with dressing - way too much and very salty. My husband's wedding soup was tasty, but there were a few small chicken bones in it. Sorry, but there are Italian chain restaurants that have better tasting Italian food. The Columbus area has better choices to salect from.

• Visited October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Recent visit- Awesome food”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Small place,family owned,good hospitality and service
Have been here several times and my opinion has been mixed.Lasagne,pasta and salads were our choices..Lasagne was good,but quite heavy.Our selection of pasta came often with too much of tomato sauce..The salad had peppers which I felt was from a can.Desserts were excellent.
My recent visit was a memorable one.To our surprise ,it was a weekend and we understood that Scali run speciality items.Shrimp scampi ,lamb rack and pizza were the choices we made.The food was awesome.And every dish deserve 5 stars

• Visited September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

On a recommendation, we ventured into Scali. "What a pleasant surprise"! We never would have guessed from the outside appearance to have such wonderful dining experience ! The locals know to make reservations and all others will have a short wait (we decided to sit at the bar to wait). Another pleasant surprise was Andrea our server, she is warm, welcoming, and engaging all at once.
After a generous pouring of Makers Mark for me and a Cosmo for my wife, we settled into the menu to decide on an entree. "Boy that isn't easy", as everything looked good on the menu and the open kitchen tempted us with all the great sights and smells being prepared for other dining guest. We decided on the veal saltambuca and the bracciole with sides of a wonderfuly flavored penne with a nicely balanced red sauce.
This meal totally rocked!
We will return soon!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Chas G
Marysville
“I love this place”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Small, family run, nice people, and food is really good. I really do not understand the negative ratings I have seen in the reviews here. The Pollo Mediterraneano is wonderful, as is the Zuppa. I have eaten everything on their menu and it is all excellent. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013