“Fresh Food + Open Kitchen & Team Work, True Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scali Ristorante

Scali Ristorante
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups
Dayton, Ohio
“Fresh Food + Open Kitchen & Team Work, True Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were in town for a local Basketball tourney in Pickerington, OH. There was a 45 minute for a table but we are offered the last two seats at the bar. When in doubt Leave The Gun, Take The Cannoli. Open kitchen allows you to see everything going on behind the scenes, I highly recommend this place for a date night ! The lasagna with thin salami was very good although temperature could have been warmer. Tried the ricotta & fresh sausage pizza, but passed on the mushrooms and they put kalamata olives instead at no extra change , this pizza was so good. The Tiramisu major good, perfect layers and flavorful. Yes they pipe the Cannoli fresh to order. Loved every part even the owner came over to say hi and to check on our experience. Sitting at the bar was refreshing change from the norm, and the view of the many bottles of wines helped create a nice view. Also it should be said the staff worked like a well oiled machine, helping each with refills, bringing food, wiping tables. Although they were extremely busy the flow was enjoyable to watch.

• Visited December 2013

Pataskala
“Scruptious birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to one of my favorite restaurants for my birthday. I decided to try things I'd never had, so I ordered from the chef's specials. Helen, our server was fun and efficient. I started with a lemondrop martini. Delish! Chef's special appetizer was a veal scallopini stuffed with pancetta rolled and sauted, sitting on a bed of warm soft polenta, with a little sauce. My husband would not share, so we each ordered this. We agreed we should have shared! The dush was huge with two rolls each, and could easily have been dinner. We ordered different dishes from the evenings specials. Gnocchi in a wild mushroom cream sauce with basil was special and filled with flavor. The red sauced carbonera was made with pancetta, egg yolk, basil - not as flavorful. We chose the chocolate pate cake with berry sauce for dessert. Loved it! Not overly sweet. I asked about a red wine to go with it. Helen sent the chef to us. He recommended a Port, "Saying he'd pick me a very nice Port that would go well with the cake." He did a good job. It was perfect. We go to this restaurant occassionally, mostly on the pur of the moment. But, I recommend that you make reservations. It's small, authentic, and family run. We had a veal chop in a cream sauce years ago that was unforgettable!

2 Thank Debra D
Helena, MT
“Great little non franchise find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Not far off I-70 is an authentic and very good little Italian place. Everything is good and on my lifetime and worldwide Spumoni hunt this place scores!

• Visited December 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We needed a place for dinner near our hotel. This place had very good reviews, so we decided to try a new place rather than eat at one of the places we usually go to in Columbus. Big mistake. The service was very good, I have to say. My husband had a penne pasta dish with Italian sausage, peppers and onions that had some good flavor, however my spaghetti and meatballs was not the same the meatballs were heavily breaded and flavorless and the sauce on the spaghetti lacked flavor and spicing. I have had better sauces from a jar. My salad was heavily coated with dressing - way too much and very salty. My husband's wedding soup was tasty, but there were a few small chicken bones in it. Sorry, but there are Italian chain restaurants that have better tasting Italian food. The Columbus area has better choices to salect from.

• Visited October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Recent visit- Awesome food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Small place,family owned,good hospitality and service
Have been here several times and my opinion has been mixed.Lasagne,pasta and salads were our choices..Lasagne was good,but quite heavy.Our selection of pasta came often with too much of tomato sauce..The salad had peppers which I felt was from a can.Desserts were excellent.
My recent visit was a memorable one.To our surprise ,it was a weekend and we understood that Scali run speciality items.Shrimp scampi ,lamb rack and pizza were the choices we made.The food was awesome.And every dish deserve 5 stars

• Visited September 2013