“Italian always done well”
Review of Scali Ristorante

Scali Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Reynoldsburg
“Italian always done well”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We first ate here when we moved to Columbus over ten years ago - friends brought us and we were very glad they did! Family run place where the chef/owner pays attention to his customers and the open kitchen is his orchestra. All dishes prepared to order, fresh and hot and never disappointing. Great for couples, family or a date - not inexpensive, but way above average quality.

• Visited April 2014

spacificallyspas
“Red sauce out of can”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I hadn't eaten here in years. My memory of the food was excellent. Four of us went to dinner and each of our dishes had a red sauce. The sauce tasted straight from a can -every single dish. I would not return.

I had to do overall rating based on our food. People lovely. Our food was poor

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank spacificallyspas
Columbus Ohio
“Authentic Italian in the heart of the Burg”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our staple on a Friday night, Scali's. They have the best authentic Chicken Parmesean. If you ever catch them when they have their Sunday Sauce you won't be disappointed. They have the best red sauce I have ever had in an italian restaurant and we always order more. We love sitting at the bar watching the team cook as we split a bottle of barbera di asti. Nothing better!

• Visited January 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Fresh Food + Open Kitchen & Team Work, True Italian”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were in town for a local Basketball tourney in Pickerington, OH. There was a 45 minute for a table but we are offered the last two seats at the bar. When in doubt Leave The Gun, Take The Cannoli. Open kitchen allows you to see everything going on behind the scenes, I highly recommend this place for a date night ! The lasagna with thin salami was very good although temperature could have been warmer. Tried the ricotta & fresh sausage pizza, but passed on the mushrooms and they put kalamata olives instead at no extra change , this pizza was so good. The Tiramisu major good, perfect layers and flavorful. Yes they pipe the Cannoli fresh to order. Loved every part even the owner came over to say hi and to check on our experience. Sitting at the bar was refreshing change from the norm, and the view of the many bottles of wines helped create a nice view. Also it should be said the staff worked like a well oiled machine, helping each with refills, bringing food, wiping tables. Although they were extremely busy the flow was enjoyable to watch.

• Visited December 2013
Pataskala
“Scruptious birthday dinner!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to one of my favorite restaurants for my birthday. I decided to try things I'd never had, so I ordered from the chef's specials. Helen, our server was fun and efficient. I started with a lemondrop martini. Delish! Chef's special appetizer was a veal scallopini stuffed with pancetta rolled and sauted, sitting on a bed of warm soft polenta, with a little sauce. My husband would not share, so we each ordered this. We agreed we should have shared! The dush was huge with two rolls each, and could easily have been dinner. We ordered different dishes from the evenings specials. Gnocchi in a wild mushroom cream sauce with basil was special and filled with flavor. The red sauced carbonera was made with pancetta, egg yolk, basil - not as flavorful. We chose the chocolate pate cake with berry sauce for dessert. Loved it! Not overly sweet. I asked about a red wine to go with it. Helen sent the chef to us. He recommended a Port, "Saying he'd pick me a very nice Port that would go well with the cake." He did a good job. It was perfect. We go to this restaurant occassionally, mostly on the pur of the moment. But, I recommend that you make reservations. It's small, authentic, and family run. We had a veal chop in a cream sauce years ago that was unforgettable!

2 Thank Debra D