“Go to Genji”

Cross street: I-70
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“Go to Genji”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've always enjoyed hibachi cooking and they are consistantly good. How can you not like being entertained AND fed well?! One of my favorite places in Reynoldsburg to dine. Yes to their Yum Yum sauce!

• Visited October 2013

Circleville, Ohio
“A second chance”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I wrote a review a little while ago that was not very flattering to Genji's. It had been my favorite place for years. Then they changed suppliers. It was terrible. After a few months we missed them and tried again. Genji had gone back to their old supplier and all was great. I mean GREAT. Thank you so much for reading this and going back to the right stuff. Cheers.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shirley8703
Dallas, Texas
“The best hibachi in the country”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Hometown favorite, but the best in the country. I've been to dozens of hibachi places all over the country, and this is still hands down the best for me. Nothing beats the secret yum-yum sauce. I never miss a stop here anytime I'm in the area.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank WaldoWorldTravel
Circleville, Ohio
“Genji's...what happened??”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Reynoldsburg Genji WAS my favorite place to eat. It is not a cheap pace to eat, but has always been worth the money. We, my hole family, always looked forward to eating there whenever we had a special occasion to celebrate. Last night was no different. However, we were all disappointed with our dinner. Four family members ordered one of the larger priced meals that came with soup, salad, chicken, steak, and a choice between scallops or shrimp. Three ordered the scallops, and one ordered the shrimp. As usual, when the shrimp is cooked, the cook will give everyone at least one shrimp or two. The rest goes to the person that ordered that meal. I gave one of those shrimps to my 3 year old grandson that ate one myself. It tasted fishy. I come from an Island of the cost of Maine and know that if it smells like fish or taste like fish it is for only one of two reasons. One, they are bad, and the other is that they are not FRESH. At that, I past if off as my imagination because no one else said anything. Next, the cook prepared our scallops. We noticed that as he tried to keep them whole, but it was almost imposable. They he put it in our plates. I tasted mine and notices that it did not taste right. Again it was very fishy tasting. This time my son in law spoke up, that was when I said something about it and then my husband said the same. My daughter (it was her birthday) said that her shrimp were not that good either. Now, I have to say the Genji's took off 20%, but I really wanted my scallops. So did the rest of us. We didn't have to pay the $30 dollars a plate, but we didn't get what we wanted. The reason I order the Shogun dinner is because of the scallops. I'll have to say for the first time since I have been going to Genji's, I was very disappointed. On a scale from 1-10 I'll give last night a 3.
One other thing, we are use to a nice show while he cooks. Last night the cook brook 2 of the three eggs he tried to spin, we had to ask for the volcano, and when he was juggling the utensils he dropped them twice. It was not a good show. We had asked for one of the best cooks and we got the worst.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Shirley8703
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“Staff was awesome”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The chef that we had was awesome and we would go back and request him again. He did all the tricks and jokes but had some new ones too. The only thing is I would not recommend getting the scallops they are just not as high of quality as some other japanese steakhouses.

Visited January 2013