“AWESOME FOOD AND SERAVICE”

Asian Star China Buffet
Ranked #63 of 107 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Cuisines: American, Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 22 May 2014

For a buffet it was amazing. Drinks where never empty. Staff smiling and friendly. Food was as good as any buffet I have eaten at. Also, I always open carry a gun on my hip and it was received very well there by staff and fellow diners as well.

3  Thank William T
There are newer reviews for Asian Star China Buffet

Reviewed 3 March 2014

the name is correct Asian Star (1 Star), I was there last week and did not finish my meal.

The test I use for most Chinese Food is Hot & Sour Soup. Theirs was not hot either in temperature or spice and no sour. In fact most of the food was not close to hot. The buffet line serving areas were covered in grease and most of the pans of food very sparse.

The service was OK and drinks refilled, but it is not a repeat

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I like thier food but they dont give the right change of your money. They always round off your bill. tip to the whole crew and the owner...guys this is america, this is not china. if my bill is 19 dollars and 89 cents, pls dont round it off to 20 dollars. i don't care if you guys are doing this scam to just one customer, but you guys are doing this to each and every customer.imagine how many nickels and dimes you guys are collect for the whole day? unbelievable....just be honest...we know how much tax we pay in Ohio. do it right...

2  Thank Chelo K
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The majority of Trip Advisor reviewers who have eaten at the Asian Star China Buffet have rated it the best Chinese food buffet in the Columbus area. Neither my wife nor I can prove or disprove such a claim since when we ate at there in May, 2013, we were simply passing through on the I-70 heading home from a visit in the East, but if it really is the best, Ohio’s largest city needs a great deal more competition. Though there was nothing wrong with the food, there was also nothing special about it either. The choices, even on a Sunday afternoon, were limited and though we’d agee with those folks who praised the Crab Rangoons to the sky -- they were excellent -- everything else was just so-so at best or mediocre at worst. We both are “fans” of Chinese foods and eat at a one or another Chinese restaurant or buffet at least once a week in our surrounding home area of central Illinois. The Asian Star did not come close to matching any of the many places we are, apparently, fortunate enough to have.

Perhaps the worst thing about the Asian Star, however, was not the food itself but its lack of ambiance. The physical building was “tired” and the carpeting simply dirty or badly stained. Many of the seats in the booths were cracked or badly ripped. The wait staff, neary all of whose English seemed minimal to non-existent, seemed to care little about their customers. In the hour or so that we were in the restaurant, they rarely came by to clean off dirty plates or refill our drinks. Simple questions got blank stares or an “over there” finger-pointing response but no offer to help. I feel sure that regulars who go all the time, probably simply overlook these and other negatives but why would they want to?

Odds are we will not back in the Reynoldsburg area anytime soon but if or when we are, we will unquestionably look elsewhere for a place to eat. On the basis of the many praiseworthy reviews, we drove out of our way to find the Asian Star. Never again.

1  Thank BigP
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was very disappointed in this restaurant, where I went on a Wednesday evening. I have often gone in the past on weekends, and have found it to be good. This past time there were no beef ribs, which are on the menu, and in the more than an hour that I was there they never refilled the container that had the crab legs. Beef ribs and crab legs are the things I like best there. In addition, the chicken dumplings were burned, cold, and tough, and the chicken teriyaki skewers were also cold. I told the staff about my concerns, but I was brushed off. It will be a long time before I will try this place again.