“Hands Down - Best Steaks”

Hickory House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 October 2013

If you truly want a mouth-watering, tender steak, patronize this restaurant. I always get the rib-eye and my husband gets the filet. Both are consistently tender and extremely flavorful. I cannot eat a steak anywhere else without comparing it to Hickory House, and everyone else's steaks are always lacking. The french onion soup is also very tasty. The minute it's set in front of you, the aroma is so wonderful and it delivers on flavor. At the end of your meal they always give you a coupon for your next trip in, and it never expires. How can you beat that? We highly recommend eating at this restaurant.

1  Thank J-K-B10_85
There are newer reviews for Hickory House Restaurant

Reviewed 25 August 2013

First time at Hickory House so I wasn't too sure of what to expect. The service was very good. The salad was also good but the ranch dressing was watery. I ordered the Strip steak medium rare and onion straws. The steak was cooked perfectly and was VERY tasty, as were the onion straws. My husband ordered a full slab of ribs and baked potato loaded. Both were delicious! yes I tried his too. Ha! We should have stopped there. We both loved our entrée and were pretty stuffed. Hubby had to get a doggie bag for all those ribs. However we decided to share a piece of cheesecake for a touch of something sweet. It was horrible. Not even sure it WAS cheesecake, more like tasteless mush. So will we go back? Definitely! ! Next time however, we will order different salad dressing and hold the dessert!

1  Thank IrishOhioGirl
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Nice place. Decor is neat with old log cabin feel but roomy inside. Attached decent bar for those that like to belly up and watch televisions. RIBS are to die for. Sauce and rub is sold in Mason jars for those that want to take a little with you.

Decent food, decent service. They got it figured out here.

1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have been going to Hickory House (Reynoldsburg location) for the past 15 years that I can recall. It is generally on some Friday nights, and after spending an hour at the gym-- which is crazy I know. Sometimes we're ravenous, and other times we're not---Friday we had just been to the gym and we were not very hungry, but knew we should eat--close to 8:00 PM. We had NOT been in to the restaurant in at least a year, so we were not sure how it would be---and we were happily received---very sweet hostesses as always, and servers who are just so kind and attentive.

We decided to share the whole rack of ribs, a salad each and potato. They offer fantastic bread--dangerous to keep on the table while eating your salad :) The rack of ribs was just huge. I was good and only ate two of them, and my spouse finished the entire rack. There was a very friendly couple next to us from West Virginia who come to OSU for medical treatment and had done some research on where to eat--such sweet people. They had steak and ribs and said that the steak was just incredible. The owner came over to speak to them and was really interested in how they enjoyed their meal.

Friday nights are so busy, but if you come a little later, shortly after 8:00 PM, you will miss so much of the dinner crowd. Also noted--the bar area is intimate and friendly--several people eating there as well. Another plus---so many employees speak to you throughout the restaurant. Whoever is training these good people is doing an incredible job---or maybe it's just that people are sooooo friendly in Reynoldsburg---whatever you tell me, I'll believe it, because this place just continues on with the good service, great food and warm ambience that is truly missing in so many restaurants today.

1  Thank TWEETYCCC
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Hickory House has become one of my "must eat" stops when I'm in Central Ohio. This is for Reynoldsburg, the only location I've been to.

I always order the Porterhouse special, a nice big steak, choice of sides, a very nice salad, and some great bread. My steak is always cooked to perfection (medium rare) and I order onion straws as my side.... they are great!

My friends often order the pulled pork or the pork chops that always looks good. I tried a taste of their chops one night and it was very good. If they're ever out of the Porterhouse steaks I may order the chops. I also hear they have good ribs and the slabs that pass by our table sure look good!

I stay away from the prime rib because the waitress once told me the rarest I would ever get would be medium, so I stick with the steaks.

Service has always been very good and I really like all the wood furnishings and paneling.

1  Thank John M