“Broken shower and dirty”

Super 8 Richfield Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Richfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Horton, MI
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had low expectations as I knew I wasn't going to get much from an inexpensive hotel. I just needed a clean place with no frills so I thought I was going to be easy to please. The place failed miserably though. The room smelled so awful that it was hard to breathe. The shower curtain was so covered in mold that it was sticking together. But the worst part was that my high end perfume was stolen from my room. Thankfully I was smart enough to take everything else of value with me when I was gone (who knew a partial bottle of perfume would be a target). Avoid this place!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dipak S, Manager at Super 8 Richfield Area, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank u for staying and fill out survey. I am sorry about your problem. I will take care about curtain.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice 2 queen bed room. Staff was very helpful (although they seemed short staffed)--The same person was checking people in, getting ice, and folding towels. However, they kept the pool open a little late so our grandsons could swim. Breakfast was OK--nothing special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank u for staying and fill out survey.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Super 8 at 4845 Brecksville Road in Richfield, Ohio is a gem. It still respects the dignity of working-class smokers and their moderate consumption and enjoyment of the legal product. The King Suite we had for five days was very spacious and clean. Everything worked. The air-conditioner was quiet and efficient, the bed was large, clean and comfortable and the shower - although small - was clean, powerful and soothing. The general manager, Mr. Shah, is a very happy and polite gentleman. Shelly, one of the desk clerks, is sweet and helpful, especially with advise about local establishments like Whitey's ( restaurant ). The staff is courteous. They respect your privacy. The parking lot offers a clear view of your car. Overall, it's a nice, quiet place near the turnpike and interstate. We're going back soon and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Just call the front desk and describe what you expect. That's what I did and Mr. Shah was very...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank u for staying and fill out survey
Creativesensations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After driving for 8 hours with a dog and infant my husband and I were exhausted and checked in at 1:00am. After a 20 minute check in we went to our room which was 2 queens which isn't our preference but we took it because we were told it was the last room. We walked in and the beds were unmade and the bathroom was filthy. We went back to the front desk immediately and they checked us into another room that was smoking which I did not want and the smell was horrible. We went back to the front desk again and I waited for my husband to pull the car around meanwhile I called Days Inn and they advised me it was $100.00. After I hung up my cell phone the woman at the desk told me if I want to pay that price that they can move you into a King which is what I requested in the first place. I told her that 40 minutes before when checking in she advised me that the room I was getting the last room. They have no idea what is going on. 40 minutes no room. The whole place smelled like and ashtray. Two women working the desk and before they gave us our set of keys they had to go check multiple rooms to see if one wasn't dirty. Horrible service and more excuses then my toddler.

• Stayed July 2014
Dipak S, Manager at Super 8 Richfield Area, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am sorry about . We have only pet free room only first floor not all rooms.
Coshocton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I reserved a room online for this hotel without reading reviews first. Stupid move! Checked into the hotel at 3 pm and was checked out by 3:05 pm. The lobby was small (which I can overlook) and the staff wasn't the most helpful. When checking in, saw a typed sign on the counter indicating that guests only had 10 minutes to check out and receive a refund if they were not happy with the accommodations. This, in hindsight, should have been a warning and an indicator for what was to come! We were given room 303. The ride up in the elevator was uneventful, but there was a horrid odor. Once we got into the room, neither myself or my two other friends wanted to sit down. The room was hot, had an odor and was not clean. The bathroom was small and the furniture in the room was outdated and worn. The beds were made and a quick flip of the comforter revealed disgustingly dirty sheets. The sheets on one bed were so stained they appeared as if they hadn't even been washed. The air conditioning unit in the room looked as if it had been ripped off the wall at one point in time and remounted by an amateur. Also, the paint and texture on the wall and ceiling was chipping/chipped off. The first thoughts that come to mind, when thinking about this experience, are dingy and roach-motel. I went to the lobby, within 5 minutes, and asked to check-out. I was never asked why I chose not to stay. The manager appeared to have the refund policy down pat and I was out of there quickly. On a side note, the staff (the staff that weren't very helpful) wore sweatpants and dirty smocks. Many of them could have used a lesson in personal hygiene as well. If you're staying in the Cleveland area, mark this hotel off of your list of options. We drive into the city and paid double to stay at the Cleveland Marriott East, but it was money well spent!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mnsmns
Dipak S, Manager at Super 8 Richfield Area, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I am sorry about your problem.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2014

very nice people. clean room and friendly envierment. I get really good sleep and it was nice. good brecksfast also.
person at front dest was very kind and happy to help. swamming pool was very big and very nice.

Room Tip: rooms on second floor are good quieter and sunny clean
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank u for staying and fill out survey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Motel 6 Richfield
Motel 6 Richfield
#4 of 6 in Richfield

Been to Super 8 Richfield Area? Share your experiences!