“Helpful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Helpful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed one night at the Richfield, OH, Hampton Inn. I left my laptop on a counter in the lobby and didn't realize it until I was about 150 miles away. I called in a panic and the young man at the desk told me that he had it and had been trying to identify the owner. Since I didn't want to drive all the way back to the hotel, he packed up my laptop and arranged for FedEx to deliver it to me in Michigan. It arrived two days later. Both he and the desk staff the night before were friendly and helpful. I am grateful to the hotel for getting my laptop to me quickly and safely.
The hotel is just off the Ohio Turnpike and is well located for getting into downtown Cleveland (about an easy 20 minute drive).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
Westmont, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

All was fine except the dated and poor condition of our room. It wasn't dirty, just dilapidated and sorely in need of a refresh. We will skip this one on our next Chicago–NYC drive and would advise others to do so as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank SDKA
Minesh S, Manager at Hampton Inn Richfield, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to correct the problem. I understand the condition of your room was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Bowling Green, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The lobby and outside of the building looked nice. The women who checked us in was unfriendly. The room we stayed in was old and outdated, we have stayed at Hamptons in the past and this one is not up to Hamptons standards. They advertise HBO in the room and the HBO was out. We went down to go to the pool and it smelled musty, the water was freezing cold. We went and asked at the front desk and she informed us the pool is broken. At check out we asked to talk to a manager about it and told him we were not satisfied and he apologized and said they are working on fixing the pool and HBO. I would not stay again at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Minesh S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richfield, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with the pool and HBO. We are actively working with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with your check-in have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for.

lansing, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The rooms are mediocre and the location is depressing with one restaurant next door. The front desk worker is unfriendly and unhelpful. Stay in Independence where you can get a room for about the same price in a nicer facility. Independence is also close to a myriad of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Josh S
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms and the location of our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our front desk team and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn-Richfield after arriving late into CAK. The lobby was nice and looked recently upgraded. The lone front desk staff who checked us in was efficient. Lots of parking and a convenient location off I-77.

The room was a different story. Wallpaper was peeling, the bathroom was outdated (looked like some flooding had occurred) and room fixtures looked to be compiled from old Hampton Inns. The room was not awful, but it just did not seem to be up to Hampton Inn standards compared to the Hampton Inn we stayed at for a couple nights after our stay in Richfield. With the lobby being as nice and updated as it was, we thought the rooms would also have been updated. The in-room fridge was nice to have.

Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn fare, and was convenient. The same front desk staff who checked us in the night before also checked us out the day following and was scheduled to be there until 3 that afternoon. Gave him credit for working a long shift!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I arrived around 2:00 pm for a 10 hour stay great looking property very well kept large parking lot easy to get a semi into..I was checked in by a very friendly guy possibly the manager I ask for top floor but he said nothing avail. so he put me on the 2nd it was quiet so that was good..when I called and reserved room I said I had government ID the lady said they do not have a government rate avail. I thought this was strange I have never stayed in a Hampton that didnt have govt. rate ( I didnt mention it at checkin only when I res.) the place was very clean the room I had was nice sized but appeared it was time for a remodel job,furniture old wall covering starting to look a little rough bed wasnt as comfy as most other Hamptons and towels were thin but everything was as clean as possible..all in all it was a good stay I just feel for $130.00 + tax it could have been a little better..If Im back in the area I will prob check and see if other hotels offer a government discount ...If this room had been a little cheaper I would have went with a better review but I must call it like I see it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Van Wert, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

It is a great place to stay. I have stayed at the hampton many times in my travels and would again THe only bad part of it was there was no hot tub and after a night of bowling a hot tub would of been great. So instead i took a hot massaged shower.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Clarion Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Richfield? Share your experiences!