Hampton Inn Richfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsrestaurant next doorfitness centercomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripnice hotelconvenient locationbreakfast areaoatmealroom was cleanbreakfast itemschecking outstaff was friendlythe ohio turnpikesausagewould stay here againnational parknext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Richfield in March 2010 for 1 night. We booked two rooms and were happy to see that they gave us adjoining rooms as requested. Both rooms had a complementary bottle of water and snack waiting as a result of my HHONORS status. The rooms were clean and the furnishings were reasonably new and in good repair. Breakfast in the morning was quite good. Like almost all newer hotels, there was the problem that I could easily hear people walking around in the room above ours late at night. Overall though we had a good stay at the Hampton Inn and found it to be a good value (I booked before Hilton updated the points structure).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I can only add one bit of advice to the other posts for this property. Yes, it's very convenient to the Ohio Turnpike, I-77 and Cleveland, and yes, it's a good, clean Hampton Inn. I didn't notice the cigarette smoke smell that the other reviewers mentioned. I very much noticed that in one day this hotel went from a Category 1 (10,000 Hilton HHonors points) to Category 3 (25,000 points). When I called Hilton, they told me that they had updated the listings for most of their properties, and yes, this would now cost me 50,000 points for a two night stay. This had been a good deal, but now I wouldn't go out of my way to stay at this particular location.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark-nole
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Mostly a standard Hampton Inn. However, the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways is oppressive, even though we were on a nonsmoking floor. Inside the room the smell was OK.

Comforter was old and the fabric pilled. Foot rest with the armchair was stained and had a cigarette burn.

Overall a decent rest stop just off 77 and the Ohio Turnpike, but a little rough around the edges. We bunked here during a bad snowstorm that forced us off the highway. I can't imagine any other reason to stay here other than a break on a road trip. As others have indicated, there is not much nearby in the way of restaurants or attractions.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Property is located on an island between I-80 and I-77 so is convenient if travelling either of those highways. Property is clean and appearance is good. Stayed at this property using Hilton points so I can't comment on value. Beds are comfortable and the room we had was standard size (2 queen beds with a desk). It was nice to have 2 queen beds instead of standard full size beds. Provided a little more sleeping room and added comfort. TV was a standard TV. No flat screens here yet. Perhaps if the remodel flat screens will go in. Breakfast was the usual free style breakfast but they had some hot items like waffles, eggs and sausage so they get added points for the extra items. Downside of the hotel is the walls are a bit thin. I could hear the people next door fairly well. It wasn't a problem because they were not loud after 11:00. Another problem was the toilet was clogged when we arrived in the room. Had to get a plunger from the front desk and plunge the terlit. I didn't like doing this as this should be checked during the housekeeping. Get points off for this. Front desk staff was apologetic and I think they were embarrassed by this. There were no other problems. Check in and out were uneventful. There isn't a lot of stuff around the hotel. There is a restaurant next door that we did not try. There is a Super 8 across the street and maybe a gas station or two. I don't know if there are things close by that were down the road farther as I don't know the area and I didn't explore at all. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area. I prefer the hotel selection in Independence, OH up the road as pretty much all major brands are represented as well as restaurants. However, I could not pass up the price.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Stayed at Hampton Inn one night for business. Easy to find right off of the turnpike. Not many nearby dinner choices if not familiar with the area. Next door to the hotel is a small restaurant/bar called Memories. Nice staff and decent food. Hotel was very clean, beds comfortable, decent space in room for luggage as well. Breakfast in the a.m. was fine - typical continental-type buffet for hotels. Would definitely stay here again when in this area for business.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business