We picked this hotel because we wanted to get out of Cleveland and avoid the high prices, plus we planned on visiting Cuyahoga NP after a day at the R&R Hall of Fame. We asked for a top floor room but didn't get it. Still, it was quiet, clean and comfortable. There were only rooms with 2 queens left, but that was OK (we had ordered a king). Holiday Inn beds are well made and don't transfer much movement between bed partners. The staff was friendly and helpful with the exception of the breakfast attendant. She tended to 'shoo off' latecomers (15 minutes before end-of-breakfast time). Not in a rude way, just letting them know that time was short.
One kind of strange thing about this hotel is that it is near NOTHING in terms of shopping or restaurants. We lucked out and discovered a Panera Bread Co about 3 miles away in nearby Brecksville, tucked away in a small strip mall (not on our GPS or even on Google Maps), which offers sandwiches, soups, and salads. Other than that, there are a few pub/tavern type places and that's about it. We wanted some groceries (after 9pm) and the closest grocery store was about 6 miles away.
There are some pretty little towns nearby - Peninsula is one, Brecksville is another - that are real "Americana" - town square, gingerbread houses, picturesque churches, beautiful gardens, picket fences. Worth your time to just walk around one of these and unwind on a clear summer evening.
For the location, I thought this hotel was a bit overpriced. But if I came back to visit Cuyahoga NP, I'd stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Richfield. Located near Interstates 80 & 77, between Cleveland and Akron, our Richfield hotel is an excellent destination for both business and leisure travelers. Our Richfield hotel is near several businesses such as Charles Schwaab, Aetna, Cisco Systems, BF Goodrich, AT&T, FedEx, Ford Training Center & FBI Training Center. Though our hotel is convenient for travelers attending area business meetings, it is also great for those hosting on-site meetings, as we have space for up to 50. Families will enjoy exploring the Cleveland and Akron areas. Attractions near our hotel in Richfield include Cuyahoga Valley National Park & Brandywine/Boston Mills Ski Resorts. The Cleveland Museum of Natural History, the Great Lakes Science Center, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Blossom Music Center, Playhouse Square, Firestone Country Club, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake Wildwater Kingdom, Aurora Farms Outlets and Cleveland & Akron zoos are also nearby. Our Richfield accommodations are near world-famous hospitals like Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals, as well as local universities such as Case Western, Cleveland State and Akron U. During your stay in Richfield, enjoy our indoor heated pool and whirlpool area, fitness center, free high-speed Internet access and free hot breakfast bar. Check out our great Richfield hotel deals and book your stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield Hotel Richfield
- Holiday Inn Richfield
- Holiday Inn Express Richfield
- Richfield Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield Ohio