“average”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Comstock Park, MI
“average”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

From check in to check out staff is very unfriendly. All stairway and room doors SLAM shut
there are no dampeners on them so makes the hotel very loud at all hours. Had a reasonably good nights sleep considering. Typical fare for breakfast, Lots of families were here on holiday weekend when I stayed. Nothing special .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Adam56
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
I apologize that you found us only average. Our staff is usually friendly and I will follow up with them. I will also have maintenance check the doors and am happy that were still able to sleep. We will be adding some items to our breakfast soon as will all Holiday Inn Expresses.
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my 14 year old son - we were visiting a friend and running a trail race in the area.
The good: the room felt very fresh and new. It was relatively spacious, and we had 2 queen beds, which is optimal for us. The beds and pillows were comfortable.The common areas were clean, and the breakfast was excellent for a free breakfast.
The bad: We were annoyed by noisy children in the next room, who ran around screaming late into the evening. I can't really blame the hotel for this,unless the noise level was due to thin walls or something. Also, the surrounding area is not so scenic. Our view overlooked a truck stop, a run down Motel 6 (or maybe a Super 8?) and we could see some giant oil tanks or chemical containers in the distance. The area was not quite rural and not exactly industrial, but sort of a creepy mix somewhere between the two.
The unflushable - yep, you guessed it. About an hour before we checked out we had an issue with the toilet. We called the front desk twice to let them know and perhaps get it fixed, but we did not get an answer either time. I found this surprising. If not for this issue, I would have rated the hotel as "very good."

1 Thank Couscous4
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I sincerely apologize for the front desk not answering the phone; so that the toilet issue could have been addressed and I'm sorry that you could not rate us as "very good" due to this problem. I will go over your review with the staff to ensure that this does not happen again as it would have been very easy to fix! I do appreciate the positive aspects of your review and thank you for mentioning that we are clean, have spacious rooms and a nice breakfast in spite of the problem that you experienced.
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I'm currently staying at this hotel with my mother and another relative, after his release from the Cleveland Clinic. We needed a 2-bed suite and this was the only hotel available on short notice. It's a distance from the hospital, but they have a very good hospital rate. Yesterday afternoon I was in the lobby talking to another relative about our follow up appointments at CC, hopefully today (Monday) but maybe not until tomorrow (Tuesday). I said we were booked through Monday night but if the appointments weren't until Tuesday we would extend our stay by one day. When I got off the phone the desk clerk waved me over. She apologized for overhearing my conversation, then said that Tuesday's are busy and that the hotel has only a few rooms like the one we are in. When she heard my plans she booked us for the extra night so we would be sure to have the room if needed. She said if we didn't need it, no problem, we could cancel at our leisure. I was blown away by her kindness--the last thing we need is to have to move hotels on short notice.

My only reservation about this hotel is that it's not near many restaurants and getting food back to the hotel room requires a bit of an effort. That said, the price, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff make it a good option for those visiting this area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am assuming that you may be referring to our Cleveland Clinic rate and I am happy that you were able to utilize it and that our desk staff was attentive to your needs. I am also glad that you found us to be a clean property. If you do return, please ask the front desk for a list of local restaurants that deliver; there are quite a few. We wish you and your family the best.
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Nice hotel was up to date. Quite room and bed was very comfortable. The four of us arrived at 11:30 and my key was already set up waiting for me. Breakfast was very good. Was in a big rush, to could not partake as long as we would have liked to. Would come back, but the price is at my max.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found us quiet and up to date and that you enjoyed our breakfast.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We live a short drive from this place, so on one cold snowy Saturday night in February I decided to surprise my wife and kids with a one night stay at this Holiday Inn location. We chose this hotel for the fact that they had an indoor pool and hot tub and free breakfast. We arrived and spent a couple hours in the pool to shake off some cabin fever. The pool area was a little on the small side, but the area was clean and the hot tub being located with an arms reach of the pool made for some nice relaxation time with my wife while the kids were in the pool. After a good night sleep (well as good as it gets on the road with a 2 year old) we awoke for the breakfast assortment. This was not your normal continental breakfast. This location offered a pancake machine, coffee, cereal, juice, hot cinnamon rolls, cheese omelets, biscuits, gravy, sausage, muffins, toast, and bagels.

I would recommend this location and will probably return next year when old man winter gets us down.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for such a great review! I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our amenities.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland-Richfield
5171 Brecksville Road
Richfield, OH 44286
Broadway, Virginia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was an unscheduled stop for us - weather conditions forced us to spend an extra night on the road. We chose this motel by random and we lucked out. The desk clerk was polite, room was clean and quiet, beds comfortable. Reasonably priced as well. Breakfast was good, hot and cold varieties.
I would absolutely stay at this motel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay and thank you for writing the great review about it!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland-Richfield
5171 Brecksville Road
Richfield, OH 44286
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were on our way to go to a different city and our car broke down. So after an hour and a half in the freezing cold with our three young children we get towed and taken to a gas station. Right next door was this holiday inn express and its the same type of hotel we were planning on staying in so we figured we would stay therw. The first person was arranging for our room and an older man came out and said "the motel next door is cheaper you should stay there" I said "we prefer to stay here they don't have everything we need"(like a crib for our infant) and he said "oh they are a lot nicer than they look why don't you go there" no we really wanna stay here " he reponded with "I don't really wanna find a place for you and your kids cuz they might make noise and I don't need all of that you should stay next door" nevermind the fact that they had nothing that we needed like a microwave or crib or enough beds and that it was eleven o'clock and I was freezing and nine months pregnant and my kids were exhausted and just needed a warm place to sleep and we had already had a hellish evening he sent us back out in the cold to go somewhere else. When I called the 800 number they said "we can't help they can do that. But we will make a note and have someone follow up with you" no one called back and when I called they said to call the hotel manager and they will help you. " they offered us a free breakfast....... really that's really helpful days later when we are at home. Unbelievable!

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank april_in_july
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
While we certainly empathize with this family's situation, our hotel policy requires payment for the room at check in. We wish them the best of the luck with their car repair and their family, but they did not stay with us for a valid hotel policy reason and I will be asking for this review to be removed as the guest never stayed at the hotel.
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield? Share your experiences!