“Perfect for a Few Nights”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed one night here while traveling. Surrounding area was decent. Felt fairly safe. Near major interstates and highways so it was easy to access, but far enough from them that you don't hear the constant traffic.

The front-desk clerk was very helpful and kind when we arrived. Our room was clean. The bathroom was a bit smaller than I had hoped, but not counting that against the hotel. Had a coffee maker, hair dryer, microwave, and mini-fridge in the room. All were clean.

Breakfast was nice. They had red peppers in the egg for added flavor, which was a nice change. Also had biscuits and gravy, pancake/waffle maker, cereal, bagels, fruit. Your basic complimentary breakfast items.

Only issues we had were that they were out of orange juice by 8am (breakfast 6am-10am) and there is no ice machine on the 2nd floor. All other floors have one.

Simple things we could look past. Overall, I recommend if you want somewhere decent to stay. If you're looking for luxury, this is not it. It would be fine for families.

Room Tip: Second floor has no ice machine. 1st, 3rd, and 4th do - if that is important to you.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for the postive review. I'm glad that you liked many aspects of the property. We do have an elevator for those on the second floor needing ice from one of the other three floors. We have a different variety of vending machine on second floor instead. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were driving at night from a family trip and needed a room. We got off the highway and this hotel was right there. The staff was so nice and we got a free upgrade to a suite. The room was comfortable, beautiful and clean. Even the complimentary soaps were bath and body works. Breakfast was delicious as well.

• Stayed: July 2014
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for the five star review! I'm glad to hear that you found the property clean and our staff friendly. I'm glad that you enjoyed our Bath & Body Works bathroom amenities!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland-Richfield
5171 Brecksville Road
Richfield, OH 44286

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We found the location of the holiday inn express conveniently located near the interstate. The room was clean and looked modern. The wifi connection was spotty. The breakfast room and food were pleasant and enjoyable. For just a quick overnight stay, I would reccommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad that you found us conveniently located by the highway, clean and modern with a good breakfast. I apologize if the Internet connection was spotty. I'm glad that you would recommend us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We drove from Niagara falls Ontario to hit Dayton Oh. We found this hotel thanks to Ohio visitor center coupons booklet. The price was good, the hotel is clean and looks like brand new. The pool was great for our kids. Desk people were friendly. The room was neat and the breakfast plesasd us. The restaurants are not too far from the hotel, had station with Wendy's just besides the hotel. We would use it again with no problem.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for such a nice review. I'm glad that you thought that the hotel was clean and our staff friendly. I'm also glad that you liked our breakfast and also that we are right next door to Wendy's.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I almost always go with a Holiday Inn Express and so I did this time too. What a mistake. We decided to head for Cleveland and so I started narrowing down the hotels and ended up choosing this over another one just a few miles away.
Flash forward, we pull in after a 6 plus hour journey to see an abandoned building on the same property as the hotel. What the heck? Then to see that it shares the same space with a Motel 6. Well, if I wanted to stay at a Motel 6 I would have. I'm sure this works well for the owners which I'm guessing own both plus the welcome tenement, however it was a turn off for us. The property was in good shape more over however this was one of those places where I'm guessing they try and save money by barely air conditioning the halls which then felt a bit sticky. Bleck! The air conditioner in the room also didn't really work that well. No matter what temperature you set it at it ran cold for a few minutes and then shut off. There is a note attached to it about how to make it run constantly which I did get it to do but then it didn't really blow cold and so sleeping was not that comfortable. I guess were were lucky that it was seasonably cool. The pool and hot tub are in desperate need of a good painting. It just looked bad. We couldn't get the hot tub to work the first night and the second night someone else had it going, but it was crazy hot. The sauna is always off and so it takes 20 minutes just to get it going which I didn't have any luck with. A Holiday Inn Express always puts out cookies at night and this place did too the first night, but not the second. Not to mention that I think that all of the cookies that first night were eaten by the groups coming to use the meeting rooms. Even more amazing was that the typical coffee and tea out at night at any other property was empty here. Come on this stuff is easy to replace. I also made a call down to the front desk but had to call three times before I got anybody and this was in the early evening and just to get the updated wifi password. And one last note, the wifi wasn't that great as I couldn't even get the baseball game I wanted to watch to stream fluidly on my computer. I would return to Cleveland, but I would not stay here. This place is by no means a house of horror and the price was good, but it was not up to Holiday Inn Express standards.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TOOM1997
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I apologize that you didn't have a better stay with us. We are working on the Internet issue and have increased our upload and download speeds to way above the required standard, but it still can get slowed down especially when we are sold out. The pool will be repainted this fall. It is very hard to close it down for 2-3 weeks in the summer. I am sorry that you weren't happier with your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Room was clean. Breakfast is sub-par when comparing to Hampton Inns. Fitness center is in terrible condition. Equipment in poor shape and even felt unsafe to use. Some staff is friendly (i.e., Katie) while others barely speak. Surrounding property is literally falling down in decay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Russ S
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I apologize that you found us only mediocre. I'm glad that your room was clean and that you found Katie friendly. Our breakfast includes all of the required items by Holiday Inn as well as gluten free choices. I'm sorry that you didn't care for it. The old building nearby is supposed to be demolished at some point. I will follow up on the Fitness Center with management.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped overnight on our way home from Chicago. We all loved it. Big comfy beds. It couldn't have been any cleaner, service was great and breakfast in the am was better than any I've ever had for these types of breakfasts. They even offered gluten free bread and English muffins. Impressive. If my travels take me back this way, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Maria K
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for the excellent review! I'm so glad to hear that you found us very clean that you enjoyed our gluten free items at breakfast. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our service and our big, comfortable beds.
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Village-Cleveland
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Vil...
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
0 mi away
Motel 6 Richfield
Motel 6 Richfield
#4 of 6 in Richfield
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield? Share your experiences!