“Kitschy and gets the job done” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Diner, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Volcano, Hawaii
“Kitschy and gets the job done”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

When you see this shiny roadside diner on 33, it almost beckons you to stop. We got drawn in and the burgers smelled so amazing upon entering, we had to get one. I got a bacon cheese burger and the hubby got a mushroom swiss burger. It seemed to take quite a while to get our food but luckily the smokers coughs which seemed to be all around us kept us entertained. When we finally got our food, I liked my burger. It's been a long time since I've had a true charbroiled burger (though a little overdone for my taste now but they don't ask you how you want them cooked). The hubby was less than enthused. He said it was just plain burnt. Neither of us liked the fries and didn't finish them. Prices for entrees seemed reasonable ($9 for each burger) but drink and dessert prices seemed a little high for our liking. I wouldn't steer people away from it because it's probably one of the better places to eat in the area (take that how you will) but I wouldn't tell you to avoid it if you're spending some time in the area as mom and pop places are not in abundance.

• Visited October 2011

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less than stellar for breakfast - tasted like pre packaged”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at a cabin in HOcking Hills for the week. We saw the diner from the road and thought it would be cool to check out a bit of nostalgia.
We went on a Saturday morning at 11 am.
The waitress informed us that only half of the breakfast menu was available.
My husband ordered a breakfast scramble. I ordered the tuscan breakfast.
My husband said the scramble tasted premasde and reheated.
My Tuscan breakfast was touted as fresh Ciabatta roll with an orange, proscuitto or cappicolla (cant recall) and italian cheese.
The bread was cold..not fresh, the cheese was in crumbles
Both meals were around $10
When we left we both said we would not be coming back.
Pehaps they do make homemade food but we were not fortunate to see it.

We definately do not reccommend - at least for breakfast

1 Thank macawmom
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,366 helpful votes
“Great "old silver diner" experience........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

We recently had a great lunch of cheeseburgers, fries and milk shakes at this very cool old diner located right in the shopping center that is attached. There is a long wait for seats-it is very popular, but the service was exceptional and the food excellent. Their desserts (at this time I have forgotten what we had) were wonderful-I think I got the blueberry pie. The place is rather small, that long line can go out the door. Parking can be tight, also. There is table seating, as well as the counter with the old swivel stools. Have fun eating here-and then play putt-putt right next door, or shop til you drop in the country stores that surround you, or the farmer's market. Enjoy.

1 Thank tymetraveler222

Been to Diner d'Argento? Share your experiences!