“Good home cooking in a nostalgic aluminum diner”
Review of Diner d'Argento

Diner d'Argento
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Rockbridge
Cuisines: American, Diner, Italian
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have eaten here twice and enjoyed both meals. This diner is owed by a husband and wife team. The husband is the cook and the wife waits on the tables. The service may be a bit slow, but the staff is friendly and the food tastes like home cooking. The last time I was there, I had a bowl of Italian Wedding soup which was excellent. I also recommend their burgers, which are fresh and cooked to order. The diner is located at the front of the Hocking Hills Flea Market, which is also an attraction you don't want to miss.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We sat at the bar and chatted with Chef Luke. It was fun. The open grill was charming on such a brisk afternoon. The staff of Diner d'Argento are all people pleasers. Very considerate.
My son ordered a hamburger and something the size of a small dinner plate was served up. The fries, onion rings, and mozzarella slices were hot and crisp.
My coffee was excellent.
The bathroom was very clean. It was quite enjoyable. For the three of us, it cost about $32 but the servings were generous and our coffee and tea cups were refilled several times.
We definitely will visit again. And Chef Luke promised us fresh pepperoni rolls in the future.

1  Thank RavannaMoe
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We were seated fairly quickly and had a very pleasant young woman take care of us.
It was lunchtime and they were busy, but our food came out quickly. Hubby had an Italian sandwich, I had chicken strips and french fries, and friends had an Italian type of hamburger they had seen being made while they waited at the door. It was all delicious and not at all fast food. I had the mango spritzer which was delightful. I wish more restauarants offered drinks like this.

2  Thank TriStateGirl
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The food was typical diner food, the prices where not typical diner prices, very expensive for the quality

Reviewed 1 April 2012

The offerings were far more than a typical dinner would provide. A testing to the chef's culinary ability. Although basic standards are available more interesting fares are offered. Price was inexpensive for the meals offered. Would definitely visit again.

Been to Diner d'Argento? Share your experiences!