“Clean, good place to stay if you just need sleep.”

Knights Inn Rossford Toledo South
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rossford
Toledo, Ohio
“Clean, good place to stay if you just need sleep.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I live in Rossford, but my mother was visiting and I don't have a lot of room at my place. The price of hotels/motels in the area have gone up because of the new casino. She just needed a place to stay, not a $100 room with tons of amenities; so the Knight's Inn was one of the only affordable options for us.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. The room was clean. She said the noise level was fine. She had no issues of people bothering her or anything. She just needed a place to sleep.

Room had a mini-fridge and microwave, lots of towels, she was allowed a later check out time, and the lady at the front desk was very nice.

Our only complaint: we got a "non-smoking room" that smelled heavily of smoke. They should probably turn it into a smoking room and not advertise it as non-smoking.

Rossford itself is a small town with a low crime rate (which is why I live here, instead of inside Toledo). I think that the crime trickles in from the city via public transportation.

Room Tip: If you just need a place to sleep and don't care about extras, this is a good option.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sakura_Efreet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am here for work. I don't understand why my company decides on this place year after year. I've travellled here for work in previous years, but stayed at an extended stay. Due to transportation issues this year, I was almost forced to stay here or go back home.
I got an infected sore while staying here. I believe it came from this dirty room. I told management about it that morning. I went to work that morning. That evening when I returned, the room still was not cleaned. The shower would back up and not drain the water. After about 2-3 days of leaving the tub full of dirt, they finally unstopped the drain.
In future job related visits here to Toledo, I will never stay here again. Please don't disregard the bad reviews here. They are completely accurate. If you love to smoke weed, have drug dealers and street tricks knock on your door (yes...knock on the door) during early hours of the morning, have strange bugs fly around the room or live in an unclean room, then this is the place for you. They need to shut this place down. This is the kind of establishment you bring a trick for a 30 min session. The place is cheap. Remember, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Clinton30813
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The rooms on the east side are better than the corporate rentals on the west side. And the rooms on the south end seem better than the longer-term rentals on the north end of the property. That being said, I came back because it is an OK place to stay and is well priced. It isn't anything special and the front desk people seem a little rough, but I didn't feel unsafe on any of my visits here, nor were my rooms a wreck. A solid sleep at a solid price.

I also like the Denny's next door. With an AARP discount of 20% on dinners and coffee discount in the morning this is a one stop stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

...on where your room is located.

As I arrived earlier than I expected, I had time to walk around the property before going to dinner. What I noticed was that the hotel seems to have a split personality. The rooms on the west side seem to be mostly corporate rentals for traveling work crews. And the parking area around these rooms seems a bit run down. The rooms on the north end of each parking lot seemed to be long-term guests and a bit dingy. The rooms on the south end seemed OK, and given the low price, decent. The rooms on the east end (where I stayed) looked good. My room was great. Clean, quiet, newer furnishings at a real bargain price. I would definately stay here again.

While the donuts seemed a little old, the coffee was good. And as a new oldster, I liked having a Denny's right next door (a McD's is also close by), with their 20% AARP discount for dinner, and $2 biscuit and gravy with an egg or hashbrowns breakfast.

If I were a multi-day stay, I'd have used a grocery and the fridge and microwave to save even more money for traveling.

Room Tip: East end or south end of any buildin seems better.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My husband travels for work, so we stay at all ranges of motel. His company requested he stay here for convenience to his workers. First the place is dated. Think 1960s Bates Motel charm. Dirty doesn't even come close to describing the unsanitary conditions (even the water smells like mildew....how does that even happen??) and "housekeeping" apparently leaves the bar and hits work real quick on the way home to sleep off their bender. Management is apathetic at best. The towels appear to be washed out in the puddles outside and air dried by the dumpster. The bed....imagine springs covered in a thin worn layer of material that had any and all matter of fluid dried upon them. Apparently smokers have gotten very creative with where they'd let their cigarettes burn out (think EVERY available surface.) Needless to say, we called the big boss and relocated. There are MANY other motels around and no reason at all to subject yourself to this hell hole.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank hlclark
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 January 2013

About 45 minutes-ish from Cedar Point, and at the beginning of civilization up 75, you'll find this place. There's not much around and everything in the area looks dated... not totally run down, just not up to modern times. Then there's Knights Inn.

It looks decent, there's a pool, coffee & doughnuts in the lobby. And a fridge in the rooms. The beds were decent, a little squeaky, but moderately comfortable. The bathroom a little small. The noise level for being right off the highway wasn't bad. And the price? Cheap as heck. So if you need a place, this isn't a bad option.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank iagomega
Michigan
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed here on a business trip and was pleasantly pleased. Some of the reviews spoke of negative things, but I did not experience anything remotely similar. The bed was comfortable and I really appreciated the microwave and fridge. I would definitely stay there again if I return to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Baymont Inn & Suites Perrysburg

Been to Knights Inn Rossford Toledo South? Share your experiences!