“An inexpensive place to rest your head!”

American Inn Rossford
American Inn Rossford
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rossford
North Canton, Ohio
“An inexpensive place to rest your head!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

All I wanted was a place to "crash" for the night. This was the lowest price I could find, even though it was 16 miles from where I was 'working'. The room was clean, as were the sheets. nothing fancy, but I didn't mind. It also had a mini-fridge and a microwave, which I didn't need.
I was surprised at how quiet it was. If staying in the area, I'd really consider going back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Hello, I have been traveling to the Toledo area on business for several months now. In an effort to keep my costs low (as most of us try to do), I figured I would give the American Inn a try since they gave me a reasonable price over the phone in my quest of searching for a reasonably-priced motel or hotel in the Toledo area. It was terrible from the start. I advise you not to stay there. There are broken down/abandoned cars sitting in the parking lot to begin with. I didn't really care, as long as my room was tolerable. I felt that for the price I was given ($42.74, tax included), I should be flexible with the appearance of the establishment and concentrate on the quality of my room. The rooms are a disgrace (I have stayed in several and no longer will and will explain why shortly). The smoke detectors are hanging loose from the walls (or missing altogether) of every room I stayed in and the carpets are dirty and stained in every room also. You can tell housekeeping never cleans behind the nightstands or the televisions also. The bathrooms are awful in the sense of the fans being extremely loud and the tile in the showers are cracking and coming apart badly. The bathrooms are also very dirty. The rooms are very cold and the heaters DO NOT work well. There are many times when there are burnt out or missing light bulbs from their fixtures or the switches on the wall simply do not work at all. Also, many of the rooms have deadbolts that do not latch and the doors are loose when they are shut "tight." I finally stopped staying in the American Inn when I pulled my sheets back one night and saw two bed bugs (about one foot apart from each other) crawling around underneath. I had had enough.

Room Tip: Use knights Inn across the street, to your direct north.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Dave S
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Reasonable prices. Friendly staff. Good Internet connection. Fast food nearby. We met a co-owner who said that if you book with a booking site near the time you want to drop in, the computer connection for the booking might not be fast enough for your convenience. Prices here were the same as quoted by online booking sites.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Littleviews
Paul S, Revenue Manager at American Inn Rossford, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for staying here at the American Inn, we appreciate your business.
albion MI
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Not to sure what other people are talking about in their reviews but they must not have got the room I recieved and had to spend almost $1,000 to exterminate my home after vacation in Toledo. Upon arrival I rang the bell at the night door and waited a good 10 to 15 minutes before I was greeted with a man who didnt have very good hygene and seemed not very happy that I interupted whatever he was doing to check me into my room. My room number was 33 at the very end of the hallway by the door. I payed 2 nights in advance and was refunded 105.72 when we woke up in the morning and had red bumps on our body. we had no clue what they were until I woke up the second night with a bed bug crawling on my face. I ran to the office as fast as I could and again waited about 15 minutes for him to wake up and come to the window. I told him I had BED BUGS in both of the beds after investigating both beds/box springs/and removal of the head boards on the wall. He did not want to refund me my money and told me that his beds were sealed? and bedbug-proof. I invited him to the room to see all of the BED BUGS in both beds and behind the headboard and he declined. I told him I would call the health department and file a police report if I didnt recieve a full refund. The Arab/Indian man told me ( Okay I will refund both nights and shut the room down if you just leave ). I will still be calling the health department because of the money I had to spend to clean my home and I do not think its fair for people to stay in a room with bed bugs when the owner knows about it and doesnt make people aware. They destroy homes and ruined my vacation completely. Please do not stay here I promise you what im saying is absolutely positive and I would hate for you to have the same experience that we did. I never in my life thought I would have bed bugs and I was wrong. If you stay here thoroughly check your bed and behind your headboard because if you do not you may end up like I did.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank zachary m
Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for your experience. With the bed bug problems that have plagued parts of the country for the last couple of years, we took precautions to prevent bed bugs from occurring. In June of 2012 all mattress's were replaced with new mattresses featuring extra protection covers to prevent bed bugs from getting inside. Additionally we had the whole property sprayed to eliminate any bed bugs that may have been at the property.
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed here because for the price it had good reviews. It is in a quiet area close to the interstate but we heard no road noise unlike a much more expensive hotel in Columbus. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and no musty smell in room or hallway.as one review stated. The room was good size with microwave and frig, flat screen TV. The mattress was not as firm as soom but still OK. They feature a light breakfast but there is a Denny's and Mc Donalds right across the street if you want more. They have filled in the pool and had what looked like a nice vegetable garden growing in it. We stayed for 4 days and for the price or even for a little bit more was very nice.
A couple exits down is a mall and walmart etc.

Room Tip: we were mid way on side away from the street on the first floor that was a good location
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here for one night and found it to be a peaceful nice clean place. Everything was very well cleaned, new furniture, clean towels, clean sheets.

Honestly didn't find any bad thing. If you are so concerned, the walls are thinner and the wood on top floor creaks a bit. But nothing that worried us.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Saliya E
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Was amazed with the decor of the room, and cleaniness for the amount charged. Great for sleeping and spending one nite. Great new flat screen TV with nice clear picture and lot's of cable channels. Everything was great until the following morning when it was time for the bathroom. First toliet flush and the water came up to the rim, Second flush after all water went down, water came over top. OK just didn't use toliet again. Now time to shave and brush teeth, drain pipe on sink had crack and water drips all over your feet and the floor. Time for shower, turned water on in tub and it barely trinkled out and after pulling knob for shower, didn't have enough pressure to travel up to shower head.
Overall, was a great room except for the major plumbling work needing done.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank romulusrover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossford
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
Park Inn Toledo
Park Inn Toledo
#8 of 17 in Toledo
Staybridge Suites  Toledo - Rossford - Perrysburg

Been to American Inn Rossford? Share your experiences!