“Horrible!”

and 1 more site!
American Inn Rossford
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rossford
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husbands brother booked us a room since we were going to be at the casino for awhile. Room smelled like vomit, and hallways smelled like marijuana. I could not even sit down for a fear of being infested with bugs, had to leave room and move to another hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lmiller1908

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed hand full of times. Planning next stay. Have stayed when going to Toledo casino. Stayed visiting Toledo college. Meeting family for graduation and another casino trip soon. If you are looking for friendly helpful staff.....clean room.....don't have to spend a lot for a nights sleep....Then this is the place to stay. Pay little here.....have rest of money to win at casino . Thank you staff .

Room Tip: MAin floor own door in room to unload and load car.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rocketmom2U
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was visiting town with my brother and sister on account of both my grandmother and grandfather being in the hospital in Oregon. The room had peeled wall paper, and there was a penny in the center of the floor when we walked in, right in front of the bed. On top of that, there was a brown rim of sickly brown water in the toilet. You know that rim, right where the water meets the porcelain. Plus, only three sheets were left on the toilet paper roll, but they were fruitful enough to leave us another roll of toilet paper. You know, the kind wrapped in paper. Problem was, it looked like someone unraveled it and folded it back together around the roll. It was obvious no one vacuumed or cleaned the bathroom. My siblings and I were looking for a budget, but it was clearly NO bang for buck. My sister went downstairs to ask for more coffee packets and had to wait SEVEN minutes, because no one was at the desk. After asking for more packets of coffee, the receptionist only gave her one. She asked for more and the receptionist said she was out. Wow. I would have rather the receptionist slap me in the face right when I checked in other than this service so my family and I could avoid this. Pretty much, I'd induce vomit rather than stay here again.

Room Tip: I would gladly hit my funny bone on the corner of my kitchen table than stay here again. Horrible se...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Our friends were saying here so we decided to stay for a night before moving onto our next job. There is a sign on the roof that says 34.99 I'm pretty sure it was but our room ended up costing 50 bucks after tax and it was a single bed. Going into the room I was kind of nervous that it was going to be a dump. But it was actually pretty nice. The bed was ok and it had a fridge and microwave. But if you have trouble with stairs make sure you ask for a first floor room no elevators. The people I talked to at the front desk weren't the most friendly but they weren't out right rude either.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

All I wanted was a place to "crash" for the night. This was the lowest price I could find, even though it was 16 miles from where I was 'working'. The room was clean, as were the sheets. nothing fancy, but I didn't mind. It also had a mini-fridge and a microwave, which I didn't need.
I was surprised at how quiet it was. If staying in the area, I'd really consider going back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Hello, I have been traveling to the Toledo area on business for several months now. In an effort to keep my costs low (as most of us try to do), I figured I would give the American Inn a try since they gave me a reasonable price over the phone in my quest of searching for a reasonably-priced motel or hotel in the Toledo area. It was terrible from the start. I advise you not to stay there. There are broken down/abandoned cars sitting in the parking lot to begin with. I didn't really care, as long as my room was tolerable. I felt that for the price I was given ($42.74, tax included), I should be flexible with the appearance of the establishment and concentrate on the quality of my room. The rooms are a disgrace (I have stayed in several and no longer will and will explain why shortly). The smoke detectors are hanging loose from the walls (or missing altogether) of every room I stayed in and the carpets are dirty and stained in every room also. You can tell housekeeping never cleans behind the nightstands or the televisions also. The bathrooms are awful in the sense of the fans being extremely loud and the tile in the showers are cracking and coming apart badly. The bathrooms are also very dirty. The rooms are very cold and the heaters DO NOT work well. There are many times when there are burnt out or missing light bulbs from their fixtures or the switches on the wall simply do not work at all. Also, many of the rooms have deadbolts that do not latch and the doors are loose when they are shut "tight." I finally stopped staying in the American Inn when I pulled my sheets back one night and saw two bed bugs (about one foot apart from each other) crawling around underneath. I had had enough.

Room Tip: Use knights Inn across the street, to your direct north.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Reasonable prices. Friendly staff. Good Internet connection. Fast food nearby. We met a co-owner who said that if you book with a booking site near the time you want to drop in, the computer connection for the booking might not be fast enough for your convenience. Prices here were the same as quoted by online booking sites.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Littleviews
Paul S, Revenue Manager at American Inn Rossford, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for staying here at the American Inn, we appreciate your business.