“Was a 1.5 star...but not the worst I've been to.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky

Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
“Was a 1.5 star...but not the worst I've been to.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This hotel is definitely outdated, but our room was clean and the non-smoking room seemed to be a non-smoking room. The location is fabulous, right in the center of a downtown area with a variety of dining choices and big box stores.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. It is true that this is an older property geared toward the more budget-friendly consumer who considers value important. However, as you point out, it is a well-maintained, clean, safe property with a very convenient location. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you'd consider staying with us for a future visit to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Methuen, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

You get what you pay for is a golden rule. Wished we had followed it. Great location for Cedar Point, air conditioning & hot showers.. those are the only positives. 6 of us stayed 2 nights in a room with 3 double beds. The room was musty & beds were uncomfortable. I actually made my kids sleep on top of the covers. Half of the lights didn't work but i figured it was due to te outsated nature of the motel. The pool was dirty & to our standards, not maintained well enough. Their laundry facility consisted of 1 washer & 1 dryer. Spin cycle did not work & I had to squeeze out the excess water myself. Then the dryer was horrible. After 2 cycles we had to hang dry our clothes in our room. They were not clean at all! Very disappointed. Breakfast was terrible.it was muffins & pastry. not even a bowl of cereal for my kids.
I do not recommend coming here with kids. If I had trusted the other reviews I would not have stayed here. They need a complete renovation of this place. Live & learn

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us regarding your recent stay. You are correct that this hotel is definitely geared toward the budget-friendly consumer. The rates at this particular property are reflective of an older property with potentially fewer amenities (like a limited continental breakfast), but one that is well maintained, clean, and provides safe accommodations in a convenient location.

I'm sorry that you encountered these issues and we will certainly, as a management team, look into each of your concerns and resolve as appropriate. Thank you for bringing your issues to our attention.

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

My stay started out good we wanted a room with a jacuzzi tub near Sandusky and we found Travelodge on Priceline. Booking went smooth and when we got here the check in went well. The bad experience began as soon as we began to look around...the hotel is REALLY outdated it was like stepping back into the 70's the structure of the building is crumbling and the balcony by the check in looks unsafe because of all the crumbling cement. The Wifi didn't work most of the stay the room was equipped with a tiny tube style TV with poor reception, the rooms lights didn't even all work and the final straw was when my pregnant wife and I went out to swim and found the pool covered in what looked like an oil slick. I called the corporate office to report my concerns because the concerns I had were far worse than anything the front desk at the hotel could handle. We had planned to stay in their best room for 3 nights at almost $500 and after our bad experience I demanded a refund but to my surprise they said they couldn't refund us because we had booked online which we later found out to be a blatant lie! I promptly contacted Priceline who informed me it was up to the hotel to determine whether we received a refund. After over 2 hours of back and forth conversations the hotel agrees to drop our reservations for the last 2 nights but only refund us $20 so we were stuck there for the night and it was only 6 PM. Later we overheard someone demanding a refund because their room had bugs and we overheard other guests complaining in the morning. The breakfast if you want to call it that consisted of a toaster some English Muffins and the worst jam I have ever tasted! Please take my advise and don't ever go here, places like this one need to keep up with the times or close.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I am very sorry for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. There may have been some mis-communication regarding a refund request. If a guest books with a third-party like Priceline, Expedia, etc., the guest has to be the one to call the third-party and request a refund. Once the guest does that, the third-party contacts us to find out what kind of refund we will allow. In general, we allow a total refund if the guests have a legitimate complaint within the first hour or two of checking in.

The issues that you pointed out are very concerning to us as this is NOT the standard we set for this hotel. However, your bringing the issues to our attention will help us re-train our staff in proper policy and procedure and how to deal properly with a guest when they have issues--so thank you for that.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Milan
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Been to Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky? Share your experiences!