Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel, approximately 11 months apart. This time, we stayed at a different section of the hotel. While the room was nice enough everything else that happened just didn't make it worth it! The "Free Wi-Fi" only works if your in the lobby of the hotel, the swimming pool was under construction, but we could use the pool at the Comfort Inn across the street, which had two pools and a jacuzzi and sauna, but you have to walk across the four lane highway to get to it! Next time we will stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2010

It was my gift to my husband for Father's Day. (NHRA race) We checked in around 11:30 p.m., everything was awful - total misrepresentation of things offered (no internet, pool under construction - didn't tell us this until we checked in and empty game room-room. The room was filthy. We did not even unpack, went to desk to complain, no results; they just kept telling me I had to go through hotels.com. While I was there for 10 minutes 5 or 6 others came in to complain about filthy rooms, I think someone was complaining about things missing, and room not being cleaned. Felt very unsafe with all the loitering in the parking lot. Shortly after midnight checked into another hotel for 2-night stay - have contacted hotels.com 3 different ways but no response received. Believe we deserve full refund - have pictures and screen shots of promised services and receipts for other room. Anxiously watching hotels.com response as I am booked through them for the 7th and 8th of July (booked before I went on this trip) for business. I am also going to start to schedule travel arrangements for the company I work for. I sure hope this company does the right thing and refunds our money. We walked in and right back out after I took pictures. Trusted this company; however after reading reviews, probably made a mistake by believing they would only represent a reputable hotel. At this point I am sorry I trusted them.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I was very unhappy with the room,it was filthy and nasty the bathroom was disguisting looked like that hadn't mopped in months.Bed linens was dirty table had broke up pieces of marijuana on it. Had to go to store there and purchase bathroom cleaning products to clean toilet and tub with.Got lysol spray to disinfect beds with.Told front desk worker and all she could say is shes sorry for it,she would send someone over to clean the room,they came over and handed my husband the vacum cleaner said they would come back in few to pick it back up.Ive never stayed at a motel to where i had to clean it before i could sleep in it.I'm sorry for a hundred dollars a night i would expect better service then we did.I would never stay at a travelodge again period.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

First of all, my kids stayed at this hotel. They are 25, 19 and 16. They were there for a convention at the Kalahari Convention Center. Apparently this was Ohio Bikers Week also. We picked this hotel because of the price and the distance from the convention center. My kids were AFRAID to return to the hotel to get the food that had been packed for them because they were harrassed by the bikers the night before. Please keep in mind the majority of occupants at this hotel were bikers. If my kids had called and complained to the front desk, or call the police, their time there would have been miserable. I called the front desk on Saturday night to find out if there was anything I could do to ensure their safety. Honestly, I may have had a "tone" or "raised" my voice as I assume most mothers would have done. The front desk clerk was the most unprofessional individual I have ever dealt with. I don't know if it was a man or woman but it's name was Coco. I was told that there was nothing they could do unless the kids came to the front desk. I tried to explain the ramifications of them doing so and was told that I was being unreasonable and Coco did not want to talk to me if I talked over it again. I sat quietly and listened (with actually nothing of substance being said) and then spoke my mind again. I was told that "it" no longer wanted to talk to me and was hung up on. I promptly called back and asked for the manager. Of course, Coco answered the phone and said (I quote): "No one wants to talk to you. Bye Maam." And was hung up on again. I called their main office and filed a complaint. Also, attached to the webpage for this hotel was an email address. I sent an email asking for an immediate response and have yet to hear a thing . . . this has been 3 days ago. Simply because of the front desk clerk and the utter disregard for the safety of their patrons I would NEVER recommend ANYONE staying at this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed at the Travelodge after having a horrible night at the Maples Motel (see review). The place smelled cleaner, the tub was clean, the shower curtain was newish, the sheets had black marks on them (from who-knows-what), but saw no creepy-crawlies in them and the black didn't come off. However, got bed-bug-bitten and the sheets were covered in blood the next morning. First time with bed-bugs and hope it's our last - our skin is still crawling. Got out of bed, checked under the covers, and DH caught about a dozen in a cup within about 15 minutes. EWW. The front desk kindly returned our fee for the night and were apologetic, but will never stay there again. Didn't have a chance to read the reviews - we were kind of desperate after leaving the Maples and there was no vacancy at many other hotels (we know why they had vacancies now). Breakfast consisted of mini bagels, mini muffins, & English muffins with cream cheese and off-brand jelly; coffee & tea; apple and orangy-grapefruity juice (it wasn't so good). Otherwise, quiet and our 2 neighbors/friends did not get bites - we were the lucky victims in the middle. They at least had shampoo & soap (Maples didn't) and comfortable beds if it weren't for the bugs. We're a little annoyed to have to look up how to not bring the little hitch-hikers home to roost. Ick. Maybe stay a little ways outside of Cedar Point next time - perhaps cleaner??

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends