“CLOSE THIS PLACE DOWN!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky

Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Manistee, Michigan
“CLOSE THIS PLACE DOWN!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I traveled with my family and had reserved 4 rooms for a one night stay. We pulled into the parking lot and had no place to park it was a one way parking lot with people hanging outside the door drinking beer abd smoking. We checked into our rooms and only to find that 1 of the 4 rooms we reserved had people staying in it. We agreed to have two rollaway beds brought to us and be refunded the other room. The beds that they brought into us were in a storage that was not on property, the blankets and sheets smelled like urine and that were out of pillows. The wall were filthy and the bathroom was worse. It appeared that the bathroom mirrors were not cleaned in a long time and the walls looked like someone had wiped make-up all over them. It was obvious that the room is not inspected for cleanliness. There were cob webs, spots on the sheets, a weird smell, and broken items in the room. The staff were not helpful at all and the manager was extremly rude. The continental breakfast consisted of some mini muffins and coffee.The juice machine was broken, the pool was broke, and the game room was empty. When I went to check out there were 4 other people that were in there to complain. Some had blood on their pillows, oreos inder their dresser and BUGS!!! I was given the run around when I asked about a refund on the room that they over booked. I asked for a reciept when I checked out and was told the printer was broken yet the lady ahead of me was given one. This place is a dive and should be inspected and then shut down.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

They didn't have the discount cedar point or jet express tickets that they advertised on their website. The game room was empty and the pool was broken. But you can go across the 4 lane highway to the Comfort Inn and use their indoor/outdoor pools, and jacuzzi. The rooms seriously need renovated. There was spotty patch work on the walls and the comforters were faded. The towels had black spots all over them. Although, I didn't see any bugs. Other than not being able to find the coupons, the staff was friendly. One night, we went to get pop (That's all they have, no snacks) and we didn't get our change so we went to the desk and they gave us the change and we asked them if another machine had change and they said they didn't know, they go to speedway and get their pop for $1 as opposed $1.75 at the motel. Then one night, we came back and the tv was on a different channel and the remote was broken. I went to the desk and they gave me two other remotes to try and she offered to come up and try to fix it, but we were tired and refused.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Monticello, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

We stayed two nites. when we checked in, we found the rooms dirty,cobwebs,walls hadnt been sense god knows when. the t v remote batteries were no good,and they didnt have any, for two days no remote. the picture on the t v was very staticy. one channel came in fair, but they wouldnt do anything about it. no pool,broken pipe they said.one ice machine,no ice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel, approximately 11 months apart. This time, we stayed at a different section of the hotel. While the room was nice enough everything else that happened just didn't make it worth it! The "Free Wi-Fi" only works if your in the lobby of the hotel, the swimming pool was under construction, but we could use the pool at the Comfort Inn across the street, which had two pools and a jacuzzi and sauna, but you have to walk across the four lane highway to get to it! Next time we will stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Harrisville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

It was my gift to my husband for Father's Day. (NHRA race) We checked in around 11:30 p.m., everything was awful - total misrepresentation of things offered (no internet, pool under construction - didn't tell us this until we checked in and empty game room-room. The room was filthy. We did not even unpack, went to desk to complain, no results; they just kept telling me I had to go through hotels.com. While I was there for 10 minutes 5 or 6 others came in to complain about filthy rooms, I think someone was complaining about things missing, and room not being cleaned. Felt very unsafe with all the loitering in the parking lot. Shortly after midnight checked into another hotel for 2-night stay - have contacted hotels.com 3 different ways but no response received. Believe we deserve full refund - have pictures and screen shots of promised services and receipts for other room. Anxiously watching hotels.com response as I am booked through them for the 7th and 8th of July (booked before I went on this trip) for business. I am also going to start to schedule travel arrangements for the company I work for. I sure hope this company does the right thing and refunds our money. We walked in and right back out after I took pictures. Trusted this company; however after reading reviews, probably made a mistake by believing they would only represent a reputable hotel. At this point I am sorry I trusted them.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lima, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

I was very unhappy with the room,it was filthy and nasty the bathroom was disguisting looked like that hadn't mopped in months.Bed linens was dirty table had broke up pieces of marijuana on it. Had to go to store there and purchase bathroom cleaning products to clean toilet and tub with.Got lysol spray to disinfect beds with.Told front desk worker and all she could say is shes sorry for it,she would send someone over to clean the room,they came over and handed my husband the vacum cleaner said they would come back in few to pick it back up.Ive never stayed at a motel to where i had to clean it before i could sleep in it.I'm sorry for a hundred dollars a night i would expect better service then we did.I would never stay at a travelodge again period.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Avon, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

First of all, my kids stayed at this hotel. They are 25, 19 and 16. They were there for a convention at the Kalahari Convention Center. Apparently this was Ohio Bikers Week also. We picked this hotel because of the price and the distance from the convention center. My kids were AFRAID to return to the hotel to get the food that had been packed for them because they were harrassed by the bikers the night before. Please keep in mind the majority of occupants at this hotel were bikers. If my kids had called and complained to the front desk, or call the police, their time there would have been miserable. I called the front desk on Saturday night to find out if there was anything I could do to ensure their safety. Honestly, I may have had a "tone" or "raised" my voice as I assume most mothers would have done. The front desk clerk was the most unprofessional individual I have ever dealt with. I don't know if it was a man or woman but it's name was Coco. I was told that there was nothing they could do unless the kids came to the front desk. I tried to explain the ramifications of them doing so and was told that I was being unreasonable and Coco did not want to talk to me if I talked over it again. I sat quietly and listened (with actually nothing of substance being said) and then spoke my mind again. I was told that "it" no longer wanted to talk to me and was hung up on. I promptly called back and asked for the manager. Of course, Coco answered the phone and said (I quote): "No one wants to talk to you. Bye Maam." And was hung up on again. I called their main office and filed a complaint. Also, attached to the webpage for this hotel was an email address. I sent an email asking for an immediate response and have yet to hear a thing . . . this has been 3 days ago. Simply because of the front desk clerk and the utter disregard for the safety of their patrons I would NEVER recommend ANYONE staying at this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Milan
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Been to Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky? Share your experiences!