“Thanksgiving hospitality ”

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Thanksgiving hospitality ”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

After driving for 8 hours through rain and snow, the Sleep Inn and it's welcoming reception staff, put the stress of the day in retreat. The non smoking room was clean, fresh with very comfortable. Breakfast provided a choice for any particular diet and check out with no fuss. I did not make use of the hotel's pool facilities, therefore cannot comment. I highly recommend the Sleep Inn.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My family and I stayed here for Columbus Day weekend and I must say, management made some great changes since the last time we came (July 4th Weekend). The moment we walked in I noticed that the place is being remodeled. Customer service was friendly and very accomodating to our needs. As we approached our room the Housekeeper took her time to greet us and offered to assist us if we needed anything. I noticed that room was re-fitted with flat screen TV's and the beds felt more comfortable. One of the things we look at closely to evaluate the cleanliness of a hotel room is its bathroom, and it was spotless. The breakfast was very good, much better that what was offered if we went outside of the premises. The pool & jacuzzi offer great relaxation after a long day outside. Overall we got our money's worth and it exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

a man named Brad and a woman named Jackie are the worst customer service people I have ever seen in my whole life they actually made me so mad that I left the hotel crying I have never been treated this way before and I shouldn't pay that much for that bad customer serviceeverybody deserves something better than that it is not worth it and not worth the money

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank amandawalters
Pleasant Plain, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here overnight with my wife on Friday 11 Oct 2013. The hotel is still in the middle of remodeling. The room was small as was the shower/bathroom, which needed a handle on the door instead of the push button lock it had, my wife found it impossible to open the bathroom door, which I had to do for her multiple times. The pool and hot tub were both in operation and seemed clean enough chlorine levels seemed appropriate. The breakfast was not the same as the one offered at the Comfort Inn, a sister hotel less than a quarter mile away where I have stayed before. This breakfast area was also much smaller. I would probably only choose this hotel again for the lower price, that was the only reason I chose it in the first place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We recently stayed at Sleep Inn and was dissatisfied with the whole experience. The rooms are very outdated. Although it looked the the hotel has been in the process of being remodeled, there was wallpaper striped from the hallway showing excessive amounts of mold. There were dead bugs found everywhere. The swimming pool and jacuzzi had so much chlorine in it, that it discolored my whole families swimsuits and had excessive amounts of sand in them. The complementary breakfast had very little to choose from and you had to wait for somewhere to sit unless you take it back to your room. Very short of staff members. We went to enjoy the weekend at Cedar Point which is 10-15 min away, but dreaded having to come back to our hotel. Just a piece of advice, the pictures shown are nothing compared to what your gonna get, and there are many dozens of motels/hotels to stay in that area so dont feel pressured. I would honestly book my room when I arrive because of the many choices and you get to see exactly what your going to get.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel itself is kind of far from cedar point (less then 10 min drive though) we decided to stay here as we were looking for room rates and anything less then 2 miles for a basic room was 150 or more. So we decided to book a suite here for about the same as what we would've payed to stay a little closer but we got a much better room. The room had a whirlpool Jacuzzi that was nice but a little noisy (I think the motor was going bad maybe??) the room also had a microwave, mini fridge and a safe in the room also a small fireplace was a nice touch. I felt the room was clean to our standards, but the hotel is a little outdated they were about to replace carpet as they had rolls of carpet all over the hotel hallways.

The breakfast was standard but filling to start the day off, and the hotel is right across the street from wal mart in case you forget anything like we did.

my best compliment to the hotel however is that I had forgotten my IPad in the room and it was returned to lost and found. The manager worked well with me (and money of course) to mail the item back to me :)

we did not use the indoor pool or fitness room but it looked pretty standard and clean as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fridles
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We travel alot especially in Sandusky Ohio and SLEEP INN is a great place to stay Always friendly staff nice clean hotel and good rates The manager is also very friendly Wouldnt stay anywhere else in Sandusky!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and clean