“Clean, convenient, worth the money”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Sleep Inn, Sandusky was convenient to Cedar Point. There was an indoor pool that looked very nice although we didn't have a chance to use it. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. The hotel was clean and best of all, no bedbugs!

For the money we paid for our room it was worth the stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 8 September 2009

The room is rather small--one of the double beds was only inches from the vanity room wall--so close I could prop up my pillow on it. Upon entering, the room had an odd round-looking column. Actually, this is the shower stall that is a 1/2 oblong shape. There is no tub, as other reviews have said, but this was alright. The towels were soft and clean. The beds were merely doubles, not padded, but they were sufficient for one night's stay. I did not find that the room was dirty nor in need of anything(toilet paper, etc.). The pool is indeed open until 1 a.m. The breakfast was the usual pastries, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, juice, some cereal (but not raisin bran). A hotel employee made waffles, but there was only syrup to put on them. OK for one day, however if I stayed there several days, I would begin to find this lacking. There are close restaurants such as Abblebee's and BW3. This is located in Perkins Township, close to Rt. 2, and across from the Perkins Township PD HQ. I know from past experience that Perkins PD patrols their hotel parking lots pretty good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Lizard4280
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Stayed here for one night during a cedar point visit. Facility was very clean and staff was very accommodating. Due to bad reviews, we asked to see the room before actually paying. They graciously gave us a key and we checked out the facility. The pool/hot tub area was very nice and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (yes I mean 1:00 a.m.) The grandkids loved it. The breakfast was very nice with fresh made waffles, fruit, hardboiled eggs, toast, donuts, etc. It was more than adequate to get us on our way. The only criticism I have is that I wish the beds were queen-sized instead of full size in a regular room. Room size was adequate. Sometimes I think that bad reviews are placed by competing hotels. I would recommend this hotel to any member of my family or friends..

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank PolWonder
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We stayed here of course while visiting Cedar Point. This is a hotel I can stay at one time and cross it off the list. It was ok. I slept on a chair b/c the blankets were overly febreezed. The top blanket was still damp. The they have old brown scatchy blankets under those. I'd rather sleep on the chair. The hallways had a very strong smell of bleach. What kind of germ are they killing in the pool to use so much? I know this hotel was better than the one my family stayed at...........Travelodge; I went to say my goodbyes to them and EEWWW!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2009

The rooms are very small and cramped. There were 4 of us and the dresser only had 2 average drawers and one small drawer. No table and chairs in the room. Hallway carpets were dirty and stained. Moldy ceilings in the bathroom. Indoor pool had a film on it. Maid service skipped our room one time. Had to get towels from the Front Desk ourselves that evening (after returning from a day at Cedar Point).
On the positive side, the showers are huge!!! Free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Stayed here for Bike Week. It was good for the price. The room was small but it was clean and that was more important to me then the size. Staff was friendly and seemed efficient. The location is pretty good, close to restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I went to this hotel the summer of 2006. My family and I arrived in Sandusky late one night, and this was one of the first hotels we stopped at. The only room they had left was a big King room, and we took it because the other hotels did not look hopeful to have any rooms left. It was a nice room with a fireplace, couch, king bed, and a nice jacuzzi. We had to get roll-away beds because there weren't enough sleeping spaces, but they were okay, though a little awkward and a little difficult to stay on at first. We stayed in this room for 2 or 3 days. The breakfast was fine. The employees were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family