“Lunch at Casa Real”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was in the area and Casa Real had been recommended to me. The chips and salsa were good but I invariably ask if there is anything hotter available for salsa. In this case there was and it was very good. I then ordered the special #9 which is a tamale and a taco. I typically use a tamale as a measuring stick since they are one of my favorites and are pretty much made as required. While it may not be quite as fresh as a taco in general they require a bit of work to manufacture and keep on hand. The restaurant was not crowded so the food came promptly and included beans for about $6.
I would recommend it to my friends.

2  Thank M J
There are newer reviews for Casa Real

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I am very surprised about the amazing reviews of this place. We wet on a Saturday evening. The chips and salsa were okay. Food overall did not taste fresh. The enchilada sauce was all cinnamon and not much flavor. The beef inside the enchilada was tasteless.
Husband had carne asada and the beef was tender but had a funny taste and was not very flavorful. Beans and rice were edible but not great. The guacamole salad was brown. Sorry to say I was very disappointed.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My friends and I went here before we went over to Put In Bay because our hotel (Econo Lodge) was right behind it. We thought we would give it a try because we all love Mexican. Well we knew it was a bad sign when our chips came out stale :(. We got our main course and mine was pretty good, but a couple of my friends did not like theirs. It's a pretty small place and the staff wasn't that friendly. It didn't really taste like authentic Mexican either, but it was still alright.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We went out one night to get a to go order of Fajita Nachos, A Burrito, a Taco, and Beans. They were friendly and very fast so we didn't wait long at all. The main problem was that there were way too many onions in the ground beef mix and the salsa tasted store bought, but other than they we ate ever bite.

1  Thank TShayJ73
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Mexican restaurants tend to be pretty similar menu-wise. This was no exception. You won't be disappointed if you eat here, nor will anything really impress you. Inexpensive and tasty. The staff were really nice and the margaritas were great!