“Fast Lane Plus”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My advice is to only go with people that will ride the roller coasters and meet the height requirements. The roller coasters are the only unique rides when compared to other major theme parks. If you are going there when school is out I would recommend getting the fast lane plus pass and this is why. Although I paid an extra $90 to go into the faster line I saved over an hour of waiting time at the three best rides (Top Thrill, Gatekeeper, and Maverick) and this was on a Thursday during the summer. If you do not plan on riding those rides then I would not get the Fast Lane Plus Pass. Also the park was extremely clean, staff was tired but professional and did their best to be friendly (dealing with people in the hot sun is not easy even if you are being paid to do it). Food and drink prices are high, but they are high at every theme park. It is a family friendly place but I really feel that this is a park for teenagers and adults. There are cheaper places to go if your young child will be riding the merry-go-round all day. Thanks for reading, I tried to keep it objective.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,122)
All reviews
in 110 reviews
"big coasters"
in 97 reviews

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Cedar Point has been a traveling location for my friends and I for 7 years now and we still have a great time when we go. The park has incredibly awesome rides and some decent entertainment on the side.

My one bit of advice is if you have the money, get the fast-lane badges, as they definitely make things go faster, and unfortunately, make the wait times for everyone else a bit longer.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great Rides, I'll say it again. I've ridden alot of rides and Millennium Force is my favorite, even over Top Thrill. This is our second trip to the park. The first was around six years ago and we went when it wasn't so crowded and didn't get fast passes. This year, we brought my son and my wife's niece for a two day trip. We bought the Fast Pass Plus....yes, there are two kinds of fast passes. The cheaper one doesn't work on three of the most popular rides (gatekeeper, maverick, top thrill). So, we decide to get the more expensive ones. Not for one day, but for both days! That would have been great, except for two things....the fast passes rarely take you right to the loading area. On most rides, it only bypasses part of the crowd. I wouldn't mind as much, but these fast passes were outrageously expensive (at least $80/person/day). Besides, some of these rides were closed for the majority of time we were at the park for the two days. Needless to say, that was frustrating. And now, some of the rides won't store your bags for you while you ride. However, they have 'conveniently' placed storage lockers you can rent while riding the rides. The food is expensive.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited the park on Friday, June 11th. Based on some previous reviews, I was expecting long lines, rude employees and expensive food items. We were pleasantly surprised with very friendly, super nice employees across the park -- we did not experience one negative encounter. The lines were SHORT! We couldnt figure this out, it was a perfect sunny day, not too hot, and the longest we waited in line was 30 minutes for the top thrill dragster (2x). We stayed at the breakers and took advantage of the hour early - we were able to get in 3 rides in that hour. Only a few rides are open then, but it worked for us. We contemplated getting the fast lane pass but frankly it wouldnt have been worth the $65-80 price tag. Some rides that we have waited for in prior years had zero wait time and we were allowed to just stay on the ride and ride again. I do agree the the food prices are very, very high - they get you as a captive audience!

It is the greatest amusement park out there - cant wait to go back again!

1  Thank Mpitfield