“First Time to Cedar Point - Very Impressed!”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Make sure you wear good walking shoes because this is a HUGE park! Wore my pedometer and we walked well over 20 miles over the course of 2 days. We stayed two full days - got to the park when it opened and left when it closed two days in a row - TIRED! We should have planned for a 3rd because there were still things we wanted to do and just didn't get to. We went on a Monday and a Tuesday so the lines weren't bad there is just so much to do there we couldn't get it all in (I refuse to pay the exorbitant fees for Fast Lane). We are from the Cincinnati area so we go to King's Island all the time - Cedar Point pretty much just ruined King's Island for us! There is no comparison! The roller coasters at Cedar Point are amazing! Some of them are a bit rough and I'll never go on again (the wooden ones especially and Raptor killed my neck/shoulders with a final jerk at the end - ugh!) and some I could go on over and over (Millennium Force, Dragster, Twister). The views from the tops of the rides are breathtaking! The food at Cedar Point is so much better in quality and price compared to King's Island. We had the buffet at Midway Market - reasonably priced and great variety and quality! I do have to say though that the workers at King's Island are friendlier than the ones at Cedar Point - the workers at Cedar Point weren't bad just blah - not overly friendly/pleasant. We will definitely be coming back and will plan for 3 days next time!

There are newer reviews for Cedar Point Amusement Park

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The park was awesome, like always. But what impressed me the most was the accommodations for breastfeeding mothers which were out of this world! I was so impressed. I was away from my son so I had to pump. They had little rooms to do so privately. Rooms had two chairs (rocking and stationery) and outlets for pump power. They offered to store my milk in the fridge or freezer. And, they let me leave my pump at the Family Comfort Station/First Aid Station so I didn't have to buy a locker for the day! Also, there were high chairs, bottle warmers, microwave, rocking chairs, etc. The station upfront is also open one hour past park closing so I rode rides right up until closing and made it back to pump/pick up my pump around 10:30.

Tips - they really need to explain to the Fast Pass buyers what exactly that means. I think most are under the impression that they can just but their way in front of anyone standing in line and some of the employees just sit there and do nothing, which was our experience on the Wind Twister (not sure of name). Most rides had been at least taking turns, but not here. If you are only coming for one day and it is a weekend, I recommend the Fast Pass if you want to get the most out of your day.

5  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Watching the crowd calendar website for Cedar Point was spot-on and most rides had no wait. Only 30 minute waits for Millenium, Dragster, and GateKeeper. Thurnder River Rapids was the only closed ride. Magnum was down for a short time, but came back up later in the day.

Parking in the Soak City Lot was the way to go for both early entry as well as leaving the park. Early opening was worth it as we were able to get in three coasters prior to the park opening. No wait at all to get out at the end of a full day compared to those who parked in the front parking lot.

Great day for our 13 year old girls. We road every roller coaster as well as many of the smaller carnival-type rides. Avoid bringing in bags, and wear cargo shorts. Some rides don't allows bags to be left on the platform so you have to pay for a locker. Hubby's shorts held three cell phones and four sunglasses for each ride!

Food is freakishly expensive. $14.99 per burger combo meal. $4.25 for 32 oz drinks $3.95 for a bottle of water. $2.25 for a small pack of almonds that are $1 at a gas station. Concession stands will give a free small plastic cup of cold water, but with as hot as it was, you'd need 4 to quench your thirst.

A great way to end our summer!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Variety of rides. Can have long lines depending on when you go. The first aid area was helpful when my daughter was not feeling well.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have been on an amusement park quest that started on 7/27/14 and ended tonight 8/27/14. I have been to 7 parks in 5 states and 1 in Canada. Naturally, I planned for Cedar Point to be the grand finale and last park visit as it is "the best amusement park in the world", right? Not so fast. Forgive me for the length of this review, but I have a lot to say. First of all, so I don't lose all credibility, Cedar Point is in an incredible location situated on a peninsula surrounded by beautiful Lake Erie. You couldn't ask for a better location for an amusement park as the view on most rides is amazing.The park is huge and they do have a ton of rides including the most rollercoasters out of any park. I stayed in Hotel Breakers and got 4 days in the park including early entry and a Fast Lane plus pass for 1 of the days, so I got the full Cedar Point experience. Before I begin with the harsh reality that I experienced, let me explain what a Cedar Point fanboy is, because they are going to lose their minds if they read this. A Cedar Point fanboy is like a rock star groupie who would pick a dirty tissue out of the trash that a rock star blew their nose with and cherish it forever. No matter what, they just think Cedar Point can do no wrong.In my opinion, they are the main reason that this park is so overhyped. They practically will want to fight you if you have anything negative to say about the park. Unfortunately, there are some ugly warts on this place and here it goes

1. Yes, they have the most rollercoasters in the world, but most of them aren't really that good. Most of their coasters are either rough, boring, or both. Ride them yourself and tell me I'm wrong. They have maybe 5 good coasters which is pretty good if you can get on one in under 2 hours, which leads me to my next problem.

2. If you don't have a Fast Lane pass you are screwed. You could literally spend 10 hours in this park and ride only 5 rides. You get a 1 hour early entry before the park opens if you stay at Breakers. We did and rode 1 ride everyday in that hour and that is BEFORE the park opens. What does that tell you about what your day is going to be like when it does open? Here comes # 3.

3. Their Fast Lane passes don't work the same as the other Cedar Fair parks. According to the employees, the Cedar Point fanboys complained that it isn't fair that people are spending extra money and getting to cut in line, so Cedar Point caved in and changed how the pass works. Now instead of going through the Fast Lane entrance and going to the queue, you still join a huge line and have to wait. This would be fine except for the fact that they still charge the same price. I paid almost 400 dollars to ride Top Thrill Dragster twice in one day. We rode Leviathan over 20 times in one day plus all the other rides on a busy day at Canadas Wonderland with their Fast Pass.

4. Having been to 6 parks before this one, My entire family had to laugh after we rode Millenium Force for the first time. Don't get me wrong. It is a fun ride, but this is Cedar Point fanboy hype at its best. How it wins the Golden Ticket as best coaster every year is amazing. Leviathan and Bizarro are better coasters. My whole family agreed that it was a major letdown. Honestly, it may not even crack top 10 on my list of coasters I've ridden.

5.Finally, the employees are all foreigners that barely speak English. I had a guy in the parking lot refuse me to make a right turn to get back to the hotel in the park after eating dinner outside the park. I had to drive in a big circle and come back and he stood in front of my car and blocked me again. I had to get out of my car and tell him I was staying at the hotel and he said, "oh, well most people are leaving because the park is closing." So this dude doesn't know that people might be staying at the hotel in the park? I almost lost it on the guy and felt kind of bad after.

5  Thank Nick R