“Chow after the thrill of Cedar Point.”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #8 of 181 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clover, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chow after the thrill of Cedar Point.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

this particular Famous Dave's is part of the Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, OH. Have been there several times when we go to Cedar Point and love the menu. Especially, the "Rack of Ribs'. The service is excellent and you'll have a difficult time in beating the price for where it is and what it is. .Nothing like sitting down to a wonderful meal after a long day, (0900 until 1900 hours for the dates we are at Cedar Point. The only complaint we really have with it is that when the Park closes the restaurant closes. Appears to me it would be better if it stayed open for approximately 2 hours after the close of the park. So next year (2014), from about the Tuesday before the Memorial Day opening of the Park until Friday just before the Park opens we'll see you at, "Famous Dave's.

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
Greenwich, New York
“Good meal - Good prices”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I visited famous Dave's while visiting Cedar point amusement park with my family. First it is great to be able to walk just outside the park to have a sit-down meal overlooking a marina. They are mostly barbecue, but they have a variety that covers the "picky kids" like mine. The prices were fair, especially being so close to the park. When I visit the park again I will visit Dave's.

• Visited September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Finger Linkin Good”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We enjoyed the food while staying on Cedar Point property on vacation. We had a variety of foods and even had to get carry out boxes. The food was plentiful and the bbq was delicious. The location is very nice right on the marina.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had read good reviews about the food at Famous Dave's and decided to try it on an overnight getaway to Cedar Point. We were very disappointed with our experience. We chose a seat outside on the deck overlooking the marina. The service was extremely slow, but that wasn't the worst of it. Our food took over 45 minutes and when it arrived, my husbands sandwich and fries were cold and my salad, which was supposed to have pulled pork on it, was also cold. What made matters worse is that our waitress took both plates back to the kitchen, all to return 5 minutes later to bring my salad back to me saying that it was 'correct.' I told her to take it back and I wanted warm meat as the menu stated. When she returned with both of our meals, she notified us that the original sandwich was wrong and that it was now corrected. Needless to say, we waited over an hour for food that wasn't award winning by any means. We each had a beer and our bill was over $60 -- so not worth it. We will not come back to this restaurant next year.

Visited August 2013
Ashland, Kentucky
“Love Dave's”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a plus to have a Dave's on property! We love their food. Prices were higher than the usual chain, but the food was great.

Visited July 2013