“Very good food and very good prices”

Danny Boy's Italian Eatery
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The restaurant was a referral to us. We wanted no chain place and something that was not available where we live. This place is reasonable on price and you get great amount of food. Very good quality place and service is friendly

Reviewed 29 October 2012

On my trip to Cedar Point with 3 kids (15 year old girl and twin 12 year old boys), we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and walked across the street to try Danny Boys and we were all very satisfied with our meals. We were seated immediately and we all had trouble deciding what to order --- the menu is huge and everything sounds good. When our entree's came, we were surprised just how big the meals were. So we ate what we could, saved a little room to share a dessert, and then brought the rest to the hotel for leftovers. If you're in Sandusky and craving Italian, I'd highly recommend Danny Boy's.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We were driving all day and didn't want to dress up for dinner. Danny Boy's was close to our hotel and looked like a nice place. Glad we tried it!! The food was yummy, the service was good, and the prices were right. My husband and I think it's a great place for a couple or a family.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The pizza and bread sticks were wonderful! the service was good. It is a great place to go with kids and close to Kalahari.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Our family has eaten here several times over the last few months, we've also done carryout. It's nice to have a local option for dining that isn't a typical chain restaurant. There are a few different rooms to dine in and many TVs for viewing sporting events. The atmposphere is nice for couples or families. Our two children like that a deck of cards is provided at the table so we can play card games while we wait for our food. They also love the tropical fish in aquarium tank, located in the main dining area.

We like that this restaurant is always consistently good both in service and in food, it's also reasonably priced. I like that they have a lot of pizza topping options such as artichoke hearts, spinach and gorgonzola. We've had the pizzas (recommend extra sauce), which are great! The crust is not too thick or thin and I like that the pizza is not greasy! My husband and son love the buffalo toes (boneless wings) and the bread that comes with them.

My only disappointment is in the side salads, wish they had field greens or spinach. :) I also wished that the restaurant delivered it's pizzas.

TIP: If you go in the summer months, bring a light jacket or sweater as the AC makes it colder than most restaurants.

We highly recommend this restaurant. Great service and great food!