“The owners are very hospitable”

The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Sandusky B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2009

The owners like to talk a lot, and Cindy takes great care to create delicious breakfasts. Breakfast is served in the extremely formal dining room, and our breakfast consisted of: orange juice, grapefruit juice, tiny bran muffins, butter, jam, diced fresh fruit (kiwi, strawberries, peaches, and pears), sausages, crepes, and coffee. The night before, she asked me if I preferred coffee or tea, and what time I'd like breakfast served. From my past experiences, that's unique because the B&Bs I've stayed at served breakfast at a certain time every day.
The house is Victorian and is decorated likewise. The only things that I personally didn't care for was the shower in the Rose Room, because it was hard and it stung (but that is a very subjective thing) and I didn't realize that there was no parking available except on a side street. It's in a residential neighborhood; some of the houses are rather nice, but some are in disrepair. I'll chalk that up to the bad economy. It's not as if the owners can control things beyond their own property.
One nice touch is the abundance of fresh flowers all over the place - Cindy has fresh cut flowers in vases in every room! There are also lots of flowers outside. The house has a security system, so that's definitely a plus.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2008

Jon and Cindy are fantastic--I can't say we've felt more welcome then we did during out weekend stay there. They are very warm, very fun--they are so quick to make you feel like family. The accommodations are spacious and are very charming and the breakfast was a far cry better then what one usually encounters at B and B's. b/c of my curiousity, I've never made a return visit to a B and B, but I will w/ the Simpson/Flint house and Jon and Cindy.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank ashjazz35
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Stayed at this wonderful, renovated-yet quaint' old Victorian while on a recent rip to Sandusky. The owners go out of their way to please their guests! I not only had a great room, but the owner and his wife invited my 2 friends who were staying at a nearby hotel to come over for one of their wonderful breakfasts! Breakfast was served in the formal dining room on beautiful old bone china - I felt like I was back in the 1800's! Do yourself a big favor - stay here instead of the over-priced and institutional hotels that populate the area! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank broekerd
Reviewed 19 April 2008

This bed & breakfast must be one of the best deals in the Sandusky area. My boyfriend and I decided to stay here after reading reviews of other hotels for our visit to Cedar Point. We really felt like we made the right choice in staying at a charming b&b a little farther out than a generic hotel closer to or in the park. The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated, and of course the breakfasts are delicious. Among them were eggs benedict, crepes, and a southern-style breakfast. They were big enough that we did not need lunch. The owners are friendly and offer interesting conversation. We hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple