“fun waterpark”

Kalahari Waterparks
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
Reviewed 25 August 2014

this was part of our annual family reunion vacation and we all loved it. we especially enjoyed the option of swimming and playing in the outdoor pools and splash areas. the main attractions are, of course, the indoor rides. it's too bad i couldn't use my gopro on all the rides, but i got over it ;)

the food is pricey and pretty good. the rooms were neat and clean.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm thrilled to hear that everyone (from your family reunion) enjoyed the water park! The gopro footage would be very cool, however, for the safety & security of our guests we do prohibit the use of them. For future consideration, we have great packages, some of which include dining credits. It's our hope we have the pleasure of having you & families as our guests again!

There are newer reviews for Kalahari Waterparks

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had fun at the waterpark. the zip coaster was thrilling and the other slides were fun to ride on as well, but I got sick after an our or so of being at the waterpark. also, I saw a few kids that looked under 6 and at least one toddler in the hot tubs. they remodeled the kiddie pool, which was nice. I assume they will update one of the basketball pools because it was closed off. I enjoyed the food at the waterpark, especially their pizza. overall, this place deserves 4 stars.

Hi Karly! I'm so happy to hear that you had a fun time at our waterpark! We so appreciate your review & I will be sure to forward to our management team. I do hope that you enjoyed your birthday vacation at our resort & that we'll have the honor of celebrating your next birthday! Take Care!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our first experience at one of the indoor water parks. First the room Combo suite---beds fairly comfortable but the rooms are very very worn. They are turned over quickly and likely not sufficient time to thoroughly clean. I can say that their customer service is excellent. We did have a serious issue with our room and it was attended by housekeeping immediately. They were very apologetic and the hotel also made an adjustment. As far as the park goes, it's not as large or should I say have as many attractions as I thought. The kids had a great time and I enjoyed watching them have so much fun. The offer specials on Tuesday..beat the clock specials you will find on their website. Also keep an eye out for specials on the facebook page.

1  Thank lizstas

I'm glad to know that you were able to take advantage of our Beat The Clock special from Facebook. We are disappointed that you weren't happy with your condition of your room. I am very happy to hear that the situation with your room was promptly handled by our staff. I'm glad that everyone was able to enjoy the waterpark. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you the experience you deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was my first time to Kalahari (but my family's 3rd, which should tell you something....my kids like it !!!!). It's a very nice place, a very attractive look to all of it. Depending on your room location, it could be a longggg walk to the water area. When we arrived, the front desk was VERY busy, but surprisingly, the line moved quickly as they had much help working behind the desk. Our room was comfortable and cozy. The waterpark itself was crowded. Many, many long lines. But overall, a nice place. We did NOT eat in any restaurants within the facility, as they seemed overpriced, but there are TONS of food choices all along Route 250 North, so dining was never a problem. They have other attractions too, such as a mini zoo (extra cost) and zip-lining (extra cost). And of course they have snack bars, gift shops and the wallet-draining game room where $100 in tickets can get you a very nice $8 frame. Parking is far from the front door. Handicap spots don't make sense, as they are far also. Halls were quiet at night, a big plus. We stayed three nights which was too long for me, but again, my kids had a great time. Very close to my favorite spot, Cedar Point, so don't forget to include that in your travel plans. You don't need to stay there, as day passes are available. Overall, we had a great time.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Traveled with 2 children 7 and 14 - we were upgraded to a suite and our room was ready before check in time. Check in agent was very pleasant - needs alittle TLC - was there 7 years ago and everything was the same - house phone was not marked how to call room to room - yes they do have animals for photo with you, but wow the price was $48 plus tax for 1 - food pricey as well as room - did not get to animal adventure - the zip line looked like fun but we have done elsewhere - don't know if there is a limit on day passes but should be so quests don't have to wait so long - bring your own towels, their towels were the size of hand towels, very thin and ragged

1  Thank cat55289
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

How cool that you were upgraded to a suite upon check-in! I'm pleased to hear that the lady checking you in was very kind and you were welcomed to Kalahari with some tender, loving care. I hope you were able to spend a great amount of time at the Waterpark during your stay with us. The lazy river is definitely one of my favorite things to do for a good portion of the day! Thanks again for the review. Take care!