“Fantastic Family Stay!!!”

Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fantastic Family Stay!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The Sandcastle Suites were amazing from Check-in to Check-out!!! We were a group of six and the suite provided plenty of room for everyone! The staff were all very kind and super polite. And plus all the perks with the package, including the following; Early Admisssion, Shuttle, and Discount Admission were all very appreciated for our trip. The grounds of the pool were very well maintained and it just made our experience swimming there all the more enjoyable. It felt that we didn't need to leave Cedar Point Property since it seemed that all of our needs were met with the Resturants, Shopping, The Park itself, The Beach and so many other activities that would keep even the liveliest of families busy. The beauty of the view of Lake Erie is something I will never forget and will hold dear as a treasured memory of one of the best summer trips that our family has ever had. The Sandcastle Suites, you can't ask for anything more :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
TyleratCP, Manager at Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We're pleased to hear we could be a part of such a memorable trip for your family. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Stevensville, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Suite with 2 double beds and a fold-out was a bit small, but clean and comfortable. Not many places have room for 6. Discounted tickets and early entry to park are a big plus. Convenience was also worth a lot. Shuttles are very handy and I was able to leave my car at the resort while we enjoyed the park.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
TyleratCP, Manager at Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
We're glad to hear this worked for your family. Thank you.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here with some family members back in June 2013. Overall perks: the shuttle bus to the park, the early entry the next morning, and the DEAL on the park entry fee.

The room: our room was very clean, with a cute balcony that was great for relaxing with a cup of tea at the end of the day. The fridge was also very handy for keeping extra bottle of water cool for the next day. The room was also a great size - more than enough room for four adults. The bathroom was very clean. Our room had a separate area for the "living room" and "bedroom" which was perfect for sleeping and getting ready in the morning. Same with the separate sink from the toilet/shower.

Great stay - I'd highly recommend the Sandcastle Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you, we appreciate your recommendation.
Mulberry, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Sand Castle hotel is terrible. My husband and I and a 14 years old brother stayed at Sand Castle for four nights. There are so many flies in the room. The room is very dirty. The sink and the bath tub are not draining. We addressed to the front desk. They took no actions.
Every day there is no housekeeping. I waited in the room after our second night stay to wait for them to clean our room. Nobody came until 5pm. The house keeping ladies gave me some new towels and I asked, "Could you guys clean our room?" One of them told me "No, it's after five pm now. We don't do any cleaning."
I was totally shocked. With average, I paid US$400/ night, total US$1700 for four nights stay and I didn't get any cleaning.
It was absolutely disgusting. The housekeeping ladies are rude. Then, my husband and I went up to the front desk and addressed the housekeeping issues and the sink and tub not draining. The front desk ladies just laughed and said, "Oh, I am sorry. We couldn't do anything about it. And about housekeeping, we have no control over them. They clean or not. It is totally up to them."
What even worse is that the house keeping ladies forced me to sign a paper stating that I am satisfied with their service after they gave me the towels without doing any work to my room. My husband had to take the trash out himself and I had to pick up all the towels to give to them.

Flies everywhere in the room.
Terrible stay.
Better stay away.
Also, it is 10 minutes walk to the park.

1 Thank c_callyS
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us and how it was handled. So that we can look into this more, please contact Paul, the hotel manager, at 419-609-2024. We appreciate the opportunity to correct this for you.

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Staying at this "resort" is strictly about location. You can park and walk or ride shuttles to anywhere on the Cedar Point property. The rooms are dated and small for the number of people they claim can reside in them. The room was reasonably clean and well maintained. Staff was helpful and polite. If you can book into the Hotel Breakers also on the property it is about 1/3 the walk to the amusement park that Sandcastle Suites is.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at Sandcastle suites in July 2013 with 6 people in our room. The room was adequate for 6 people but sharing one bathroom can be a challenge with that many people in the room. The room was clean and comfortable. Our kids slept on the Queen beds in the bedroom and my husband and I slept on the sofabed.

I was concerned staying here because other reviews said the sofabeds were not comfortable, but we had no problems crashing for the night and woke up ready to go the next a.m.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is close to Soak City and the Resort Entrance to Cedar Point - it's about a 5 minute walk. If you want to enter the park thru a differnet entrance, they have a shuttle that picks you up at the hotel and will drop you at any entrance. We used this multiple times and it worked great. Sometimes you are just too tired after a day in the park to think about walking back and this was the perfect solution.

Combine the location with the early entry to the park (we were walking on the popular rollercoasters the first 45 minutes) and Sandcastle suites can't be beat.

The kids were able to go back to the hotel anytime they wanted...which was very convenient and they couldn't have done that if we stayed off property.

The downside? No free breakfast offered - but there is a fridge in the room and we brought our own milk, cereal, granola bars, fruit, etc and had breakfast in our room before we headed out for the day.

1 Thank Lisa H
Thank you, we hope you will stay with us again soon.
Mantua, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, a little on the small side though. We rode the shuttle to the gate. Made the mistake of walking back to the hotel. It is quite a walk when you are tired. The balcony was the only thing I did not like. The floors are wood like a deck. You can see through the spaces to the balcony above or below you. Not really very private. Overall we had a great stay if you don't count the flat tire we had. It is a little pricey but you are at a lakefront hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
TyleratCP, Manager at Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your flat tire but glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. Thank you for coming.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
South Beach Resort Hotel
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#6 of 35 in Sandusky

Been to Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites? Share your experiences!