We stayed for two nights with 3 teenagers, 2 adults. The hotel is very close to the park, it was a nice 10 min (max) walk so we could go back and forth all day. The rooms were decent, clean and good for what we were there for, which was sleep, eat and shower. The kids enjoyed the separate "living room" to have a tv to themselves. The air conditioners worked really well - the room was chilly sometimes, the fridge worked and the hot water was exactly that.
We stocked up on pop, water and beer at the store and ordered pizza from the hotel restaurant which was very good and inexpensive.
The hotel is older and not fancy by any stretch of the word, but we thought it was great to not have to fight traffic or the parking lot each day. It was nice that our kids could walk to the park themselves if we didn't want to go. Great family time and we would stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close enough to the fun, yet secluded and relaxing, Sandcastle Suites has something for every member of your family. This all-suite hotel offers rooms with the features families want: flat-panel TVs, refreshed rooms, and screened in balconies. Situated at the tip of the Cedar Point Peninsula, Sandcastle Suites brings you dramatic views of Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. Its 187 suites are equipped with conveniences like microwave ovens, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, and refrigerators. Three of the suites are Grand Vista Suites, with Jacuzzis and wraparound decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Hotel Sandusky
- Sandcastle Resort Sandusky
- Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites Sandusky, Ohio