We stayed at Sandcastle Suites the weekend of the water main break, sleeping there Friday and having to evacuate on Saturday. The front desk staff was courteous upon checkin, and I appreciated the map she gave me so I could find the elevator. It is not located in the lobby, but outside in a stairwell. The clouds of muffleheads were disgusting, but I am not sure why they pick on the park so bad. There were only a few in Huron, which is across the lake. The room was rather odd, and has no in-room safe. They are a little shabby for the price, with worn out linens and pillows. The dorm fridge was not even plugged in, so that took a long time to cool off. My friends found a dirty sock by the bed in their room, and our room was mostly cleaned, but not a place I would feel comfortable going shoeless. The bed was not the worst I've slept in, but I think I expected a little more. Obviously, you are paying for the location. We did take the shuttle to the park, but walked back when the park closed because we called 4 times and waited a half hour for a shuttle that never showed up. Maybe a 7-
10 minute walk back. When we had to evacuate, we were refunded our stay, which was appreciated. We then spent a great deal of time finding other accomodations, and wound up at Comfort Inn River's Edge in Huron thanks to tripadvisor. (Very clean, comfortable and reasonably priced in case you are interested.) Would I stay at Sandcastle Suites again? I'm not sure. It wasn't the worst hotel, but it wasn't anything special, either. I feel like Cedar Point knows they've got you, so they don't have to try as hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close enough to the fun, yet secluded and relaxing, Sandcastle Suites has something for every member of your family. This all-suite hotel offers rooms with the features families want: flat-panel TVs, refreshed rooms, and screened in balconies. Situated at the tip of the Cedar Point Peninsula, Sandcastle Suites brings you dramatic views of Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. Its 187 suites are equipped with conveniences like microwave ovens, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, and refrigerators. Three of the suites are Grand Vista Suites, with Jacuzzis and wraparound decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Hotel Sandusky
- Sandcastle Resort Sandusky
- Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites Sandusky, Ohio