It was clean, it worked for our family of four, staff was nice, but most importantly, it included early admission. Getting onto at least two stress free, line free rides matters to my family of coaster enthusiasts, but it you are not trying to get on Gatekeeper, Maverick, Raptor or Millennium early, I would stay off property. The pros, the pool was nice, the view was nice, yes May flies hit Ohio, usually in May by the way, but we had a bad year. The room had a frig, microwave, 2 queens beds and a sofa bed, it worked. The cons, the walking distance is about six blocks to a ride, which really adds to the fatigue of the day. The shuttle is slow. If you stay here, go park a little closer to the resort entrance, or we would go to Famous Daves for a drink or lunch and park at the marina entrance. The breakwater cafe I review in another location but service was terrible, incompetent. The snack bar by the pool never opened and we were there July 1 and 2nd. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable, we pulled the mattress onto the floor and that actually worked. The air conditioner is off and on all night, but it did keep the room cool. I did not feel the place was beat up and housekeeping was good, but I would try the on site new cabins next time, at least a block closer to the entrance, they can use the pool, new and you wont hear the room above you pounding out to the park,not because they were loud, just because you will. All of this being said, we stayed at the Breakers and had a similar experience. The furniture was old, the rooms mediocre and the pools so bloody crowded all day and worse, all night that it was just sad. It was closer to the park, but that's all I can say for the Breakers vs. Sandcastle, so if you were down to one of those, I would stay at Sandcastle which is less expensive and not as hectic, but be prepared to walk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close enough to the fun, yet secluded and relaxing, Sandcastle Suites has something for every member of your family. This all-suite hotel offers rooms with the features families want: flat-panel TVs, refreshed rooms, and screened in balconies. Situated at the tip of the Cedar Point Peninsula, Sandcastle Suites brings you dramatic views of Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. Its 187 suites are equipped with conveniences like microwave ovens, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, and refrigerators. Three of the suites are Grand Vista Suites, with Jacuzzis and wraparound decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Hotel Sandusky
- Sandcastle Resort Sandusky
- Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites Sandusky, Ohio