“Not worth the price! ”
Review of Rodeway Inn South

Rodeway Inn South
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Leave it to a guy to not read reviews before checking into a hotel. Check in was suppose to be at 3, out room wasn't even cleaned until after 4. Front office staff was nice enough, not overly friendly. I will say that the beds and linens were very clean but the rest of the room just seemed blah. There water recent water damage in the ceiling and the mirror was cracked over the sink. Just don't stay here if you don't have to!

Stayed: August 2014
rodewayinnsouthsandu, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not completely satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after the races at Sandusky Speedway. My husband went to check into our hotel room and a fellow racing friend was in the Lobby explaining he just walked into his room and found 3 girls smoking crack. Big red flag. Should have left then. The hotel room was disgusting! The outlets didn't work. The shower was gross. But since it was 3 am I figured we would just get through the night. The next morning i went to pick up my puppy at my parents motor home that was at the race track since we were getting ready to leave. The staff was completely rude while I was walking the puppy OUTSIDE he was not in there disgusting hotel room. I tried to explain myself to the lady but she continued to be rude. So I chained the puppy up outside to grab my husband so we could leave and the owner of the hotel came over screaming at me. Cursing me out threatening my dog. He proceeded to call the cops on me. The cop was confused on why he was even called since we were leaving anyways. The hotel charged our card a $250 pet fee without permission. My husband asked to speak with the owner but he didn't believe in customer service and wouldn't come out of his office. This hotel is so disgusting. The staff are very rude and not understanding. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. We stay in hotels almost every weekend and this was the worst experience we have ever had.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank kristen s
Jagdish P, Owner at Rodeway Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

This is complete wrong (he just walked into his room and found 3 girls smoking crack. Big red flag)--We have proof, Picture,and video that puppy was in the room (The next morning i went to pick up my puppy at my parents motor home that was at the race track since we were getting ready to leave)--Guest has signed Folio no pets allowed policy in writing with $250.00 charge. Also we have called Police and have police report that the puppy stayed at hotel. We already have talked to our Lawyer and filled paper work via Sandusky Mun, Court regarding harassing with our front desk employee. Also we have documented in our folio and called choice hotels regarding incident. Their story does not mach with different complain they made.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I just stayed here (room 121), the staff is friendly and we had clean sheets/towels... That's where the good ends, the outside of the building is filthy, the bathroom was stained with mildew, the tub used to be pink and was repainted (?) white, there was a huge chunk of paint missing on tub, and paint was peeling, bubbled and chipping away right were you have to stand. They advertised an in room coffee pot and hairdryers , but you had to go to front desk to ask for these and they had none, half the outlets in the room didn't work, I could have dealt with all these problems had they not charged $159 the first night and $179 the second... Are you kidding me... I know it was ohio bike week so prices will be higher, but this room usually costs around $50 a night.. Ok it's a special event so go ahead and double your priced but $330 to stay in this dump.... Never again , and we have stayed in rodeway inns in multiple states and never had an experience like this.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent about $96.00 to stay at this location. There is a strong smell at this property. I'm not sure what it is. It smelled like curry powder and body odor. If you've been overseas, you probably know what I'm talking about.

My room was dirty. There were small bits of black plastic on the floor of my room. There were clipped toe nails on my bed. The entire bathroom needed to be bleached. I would not stay at this location. You can find far better for the price.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, use Trip Advisor to find a more highly rated hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tabitha K

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that a temporary unpleasant odor and some maintenance or housekeeping issues detracted from your stay with us. We take pride in providing a great guest experience, and I truly apologize that we let you down. When you visit the area in the future, please give us another chance. We’re always working to make the guest experience better.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel was just "okay" for the money--it was close to Cedar Point, restaurants, shopping, etc. However, there were several other hotels nearby that looked a lot nicer. There was no remote for the tv and no hair dryer. I had to go to the office to get both items and had to wait forever to get them. There were a lot of suspect characters staying at hotel which made me feel a little uncomfortable. The rooms could have been cleaner, too. If you're just looking for a place to sleep, it will do.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tdeak

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that a couple of items were missing from your room and that you disapproved of the look of other guests. We take pride in providing the best possible experience and let you down in some ways. We’ve improved the hotel and the service we provide significantly since your stay, and I hope you’ll soon give us another chance to satisfy you.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were litterally stuck staying here because all places were booked. I felt like I was in the getto walking into the entry way near the stairs. Very dirty, the door didn't even shut. The hallway wasn't bad and our room wasn't bad. The night guy who apparently was the manager forgot to give us our credit card. We checked out in the morning, they never gave it to us then. We are an hour from this hotel to discover that our credit card was never given back to us. When I called, the girl got very smart and nasty with me like it was someone else's mistake until I called her on the carpet and told her she was the one I dealt with that morning when checking out, then she became furious at me for her mistake. When my husband went in to get the card their were no apologies at all. My husband asked why they never called us when we got to the room because surely he knew he still had it and he said it was late and they don't like to do that. There is a reason we have never stayed at a Rodeway. They need to clean house and get rid of those workers and get new in there to turn it around. Even the ice machine had no ice in it at 7 am.

Room Tip: When you see a lot of bad reviews, don't stay at a place. I even saw all the reviews and we just...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelingGirlPa

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that we didn’t meet your expectations. Since your stay, we have made many changes, including some staffing changes. If you will give us another chance, you’ll see that we’re now providing a better overall experience than ever before. We welcome your return visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed over night at this hotel & it may not be the best looking out side & the inside may not be updated, but it was a decent place to rest my head for the night. I seen no bugs, nor was the room dirty in any way. I had enough towels & wash cloths. t.v was a little fuzzy, but I was not there to watch t.v either. For what I paid for the room, I got what I paid for; if I wanted luxury I would of paid much much more. Front desk clerk was very polite & fast at checking me in, over all rating... I give it a B, also they had free coffee

Room Tip: don't have any tips because I only stayed over night & that was my first stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo