Sorry if this is too long for you to read, but I am hoping no one wastes their money at this hotel that is more than willing to rip off guests. My daughter and her friend attempted to stay at this hotel. Prepaid for two days, after a very long drive, they arrived after 11:00pm to find a note that told them to ring the bell after hours. They rang the bell, as advised, for 15 minutes with no success, so they went down the street to Super8 to get a room there since they did not get any answer at this hotel, and they were tired. Keep in mind…prepaid, they made it to the hotel and tried to check in. The next day, they called Choice Hotels, who said they would investigate what happened. They decided the manager was the person on duty so it was his call to make them a no-show. She was then told that she rang the bell for "handicapped access", not the bell they wanted her to ring. What!!!??? There was a sign to ring the bell, which she did. A few days later she received two letters in the mail. Both addressed to her, but one said she was considered a no-show so they kept her money for one night. The other was addressed to her but actually for another guest who had an issue with their stay. So I can see how Choice Hotels would have such confidence in this managers judgement…he's obviously not an idiot!!! After receiving the letters she calls Choice Hotels again, they would investigate further. This was their cue to send her a copy of the letter she just called them about. Good investigation!!! My husband decided to call the hotel manager himself, since we do not like to see our daughter who makes minimum wage get her money stolen from her. After my husband began to ask why they would not refund her money, being that she was clearly in town, the manager said she rang the wrong bell and was considered a no-show. When my husband tried to question that judgement the manager hung up on him repeatedly because that's just how professional he is and I guess doesn't feel like he needs to provide any sort of customer service. As you can probably tell by the wonderful reviews this hotel has already received, with no rebuttal from management, they do not care in the least about being #22 of 35 hotels in Sandusky. Just do me a favor and don't stay here so perhaps they will go out of business and stop stealing hard earned money. Thanks for everyone's support!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South is located in the heart of Sandusky Ohio on Milan Road. Just minutes from Cedar Point or the water parks of Kalahari, Great Wolf Lodge, Maui Sands & Cast Away Bay. 32 rooms with external access: Single Full Bed with sofa-bed, Single Full Bed with Jacuzzi, Double Full Bed, Double Full Bed with Mini-fridge & Microwave, Double Full Bed Suite with sofa-bed. A Mexican restaurant, Casa Real, is located on the premises. Ming's Garden, a Chinese restaurant, and Denny's are within walking distance. And, Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, a Family Entertainment Center with roller skating, bounce houses, arcade, mini golf, motion theater, walk thru haunted house and jungle gym, is located on the premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Sandusky
- Sandusky Econo Lodge
- Econolodge Cedar Point South
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South Sandusky, Ohio