“Not bad! Great location, price, and comfort!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 26 June 2008

We were looking for a decent, inexpensive place to stay while we visited Cedar Point for two days. We found it! The room was clean. There were no signs of mold, despite previous reviews. The beds were comfortable; my only complaint was that we could only book two double beds, which weren't very roomy for the two of us. And the beds couldn't be moved together, so my husband and I had to sleep on separate beds!

Other than that, the TV had the cable jack broken out of it when we arrived, but maintenance was there within 25 MINUTES to replace the whole TV! It's hard to find a pizza place to deliver in that time frame!

Overall, we would definitely book this place again. It's no Ritz-Carlton, but if you are just looking for a nice place that won't set you back hundreds of dollars and that you can just be able to "come down" from the day and sleep after a long day at an amusement park, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South

Reviewed 23 June 2008

we stayed here june 16th 08 for 1 nite as we were going to cedar pointe and needed someplace to crash

i booked a month in advance so i paid 40$ upon arriving i asked and was told the rate was 65$ a nite

the pool is in the parking lot no privacy very very dirty the room smelled funny but we brought air freshner with us

the 25" tv didnt swivel it was bolted down to the desk the bed was decent enuf

i would recommend if only u need a place to crash for 1 nite and if u spend all day at the park then its cool but not for more than that and its not a resort or anything like that

they say they have 2 floors but on the 2nd floor there is only 4 family rooms and the rest are first floor rooms that have an exterior corridor

u park ur car and walk right into the room value for the money thats it

• Stayed: June 2008
Thank terrie07Detroit.mi
Reviewed 15 June 2008

We stayed here the last night of our Cedar Point trip. I just loved this motel. Super clean and it was a really big room. No odors, dirt or anything else like that. My boys went down to the pool but didn't go in it. It looked clean. We stayed at another motel for our first 2 nights, but wished I would have booked this one for our entire trip. Lots of channels on the tv, too. The owners were really nice and even funny. The let us check in early at 11:00 am instead of 3pm. Nice staff. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I read review after review about Econo Lodge Cedar Point South and I must say I was scared to death to book it, but I was 2 days from my Cedar Point trip and needed a place to stay overnight and I learned you can't believe everything you read. I booked the Family Suite, it was extremely clean, there were no funny smells and the Lady at the front desk was very kind. I was very nervous about checking in early, it was 8:30 A.M. check in is 3 P.M. you never know if the room has been cleaned yet, but it was and very nice. Is it 5 star, no, but it was far beyond my expectations because of the bad reviews I read. I traveled with one other Adult and 3 children and we all slept very comfortably. I do have one complaint, the bathroom floor was uneven and the toilet rocked a little bit because of it , but what are they supposed to do level the building and start over? For those who stay there I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant on the premises amazing food. It took about 10-12 min. to get to Cedar Point and there are many other attractions, stores and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2007

This is one nasty hotel. We paid $69/night only to find a big wet spot after crawling into bed. I called to complain and got moved to another room, which had pubic hair all through the sheets! Both rooms had gross looking bathtubs too. Although we didn't take advantage of the "complimentary breakfast" in the hotel office, it looked like there was just some small muffins, coffee, and orange juice.

I doubt there are many hotels worse than this one in Sandusky. So do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brady15203
Reviewed 7 February 2007

This place looks wonderful in the pictures, very innaccurate information though. Mold on heater/ac unit in room, wallpaper peeling from walls, mold growing in pool -completely unusable, AND VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Rude management, so if you have a problem don't expect professionalism.

• Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank parkkr01
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2006

The other reveiws are not right the econo was a regular nice hotel to me it didn't have elegance but it wasn't filthy the swimming pool was semiclean.The rooms could use a little more appeal but other than that it was an average experience.

• Stayed: June 2005