“Surprising stay”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Ohio
“Surprising stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I read review after review about Econo Lodge Cedar Point South and I must say I was scared to death to book it, but I was 2 days from my Cedar Point trip and needed a place to stay overnight and I learned you can't believe everything you read. I booked the Family Suite, it was extremely clean, there were no funny smells and the Lady at the front desk was very kind. I was very nervous about checking in early, it was 8:30 A.M. check in is 3 P.M. you never know if the room has been cleaned yet, but it was and very nice. Is it 5 star, no, but it was far beyond my expectations because of the bad reviews I read. I traveled with one other Adult and 3 children and we all slept very comfortably. I do have one complaint, the bathroom floor was uneven and the toilet rocked a little bit because of it , but what are they supposed to do level the building and start over? For those who stay there I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant on the premises amazing food. It took about 10-12 min. to get to Cedar Point and there are many other attractions, stores and restaurants within walking distance.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool needs renovating
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 July 2007

This is one nasty hotel. We paid $69/night only to find a big wet spot after crawling into bed. I called to complain and got moved to another room, which had pubic hair all through the sheets! Both rooms had gross looking bathtubs too. Although we didn't take advantage of the "complimentary breakfast" in the hotel office, it looked like there was just some small muffins, coffee, and orange juice.

I doubt there are many hotels worse than this one in Sandusky. So do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty Beds
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brady15203

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Indiana
Reviewed 7 February 2007

This place looks wonderful in the pictures, very innaccurate information though. Mold on heater/ac unit in room, wallpaper peeling from walls, mold growing in pool -completely unusable, AND VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Rude management, so if you have a problem don't expect professionalism.

• Stayed August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank parkkr01
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2006

The other reveiws are not right the econo was a regular nice hotel to me it didn't have elegance but it wasn't filthy the swimming pool was semiclean.The rooms could use a little more appeal but other than that it was an average experience.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2005

stayed there on a saturday nite.....place was filthy and well used.swimming pool was a dirty cloudy color and you couldn't see the bottom.noisiest place i ever been to.next time i'll sleep on my harley!

• Stayed June 2000
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 June 2003

I reserved two adjoining family rooms (2 double beds with a sofa bed). The rooms were adjoining but the manager had a paddle-lock on the one door so that we couldn't use it! When we asked about opening it, we we're told that would require moving the sofa bed and then they would have to move it back! Also, the bathtub had a ground-in black ring and the bottom was also black. We would only take showers with towels covering the bottom of the tub. I wouldn't give my son a bath!One day were we were out all day at Cedar Point Amusement Park. When we returned at midnight, the door of one of our group's room was left wide open all day by the cleaning crew. They had only vacuumed the floor, nothing else!I will definitely not stay here again!!

14 Thank evadarryl