“Good breakfast”

Ranked #19 of 190 Restaurants in Sandusky
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The food on the breakfast bar was surprisingly good...I've eaten at many buffets and I was amazed by the variety and quality of the food compared to them. At 13.99 for adults and 7.99 for children under 12 it is a nice value at this type of resort

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thanks you for the Rockstar review. A buffet with great variety is always a great way to start off the day. We hope to see you back and enjoy the rest of the summer. Take care.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We are dinner and breakfast here during a one night stay. My son has peanut and tree nut allergies. We knew ahead of time to ask for the allergy free menu. A tremendous option. We were told the food is made in a separate kitchen. Unfortunately, it was hard to avoid gluten free bread items on the menu, but a small price to pay for safe food. Service was polite. Prices are fair. I ordered a breakfast sandwich that I really enjoyed.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

We pride ourselves in making sure the safety of our guests is first. The allergy free menu offers an alternative for guests who do have certain food allergies. You are right, those breakfast sandwiches are delicious! Thank you for taking the time to review Great Karoo!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Good little place for on the go items. Great variety from cereal to salads sandwiches coffee desserts.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Went on a Sunday night at 5:00. We were the only ones in the place only 2 other couple in the hour we were there. Not at all impressed with the selection. Prime rib was dried out and shrimp had bad tasted farm raised fake. Instant potatoes canned corn. Kids like Mac and cheese and chicken fingers. Had 2 adults and 4 kids but 1 didn't want to eat it. She was the only one who didn't get an upset stomach. Waitress was very nice and I brought it to her attention and she didn't charge me for the one that didn't eat. Se watched to make sure which was fine as its her job. She was very tentative and friendly. I felt for $115. Including tip it was a rip. we probably didn't eat $20 of food half was dessert which was jammin. I believe they put some kind of food additive in the stuff. I bloated so bad I was careful not to over eat as we were going back into the water park. I had terrible gas w/in an hour and won't mention what followed.

1  Thank Tricwicke
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for dining with us. I am sorry to hear your experience was not as expected. I will be sure to communicate with our chefs so that we can evaluate our offerings on Sunday night. We very much appreciate your feedback. Thank you again and I hope that upon your next visit you will consider giving us another try and we will deliver beyond expectations?

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have only eaten here twice. The first time, we just ordered breakfast off the menu. No problems with the service or what we ordered. The second time that we ate here, we went as a large group and enjoyed the buffet. They offer a good variety of different foods and everything tasted wonderful. Please be prepared though......the buffet was $22 per person. Unless you plan on eatind 4 or five platefuls to get your money's worth.....just order off the menu. It was delicious though. :)

We're thrilled to hear that you loved your meals both times you were here. Thank you so much for sharing. I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to do so. We can't wait to see you again! Thank you so much!