“Oh those french fries of Berardi's”

Berardi's Family Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 187 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Berardi's Family Kitchen is a family owned restaurant in Sandusky, Ohio that has been serving the locals for over 75 years! We have been voted Best Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert and Best Fries by the Readers Choice Awards and are a local favorite destination for a great meal at an affordable price. "Taste the Homemade Difference".
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was born in Sandusky and always loved the French fries at Cedar Point. Our family did not have much money but I did save enough to get one order of these fries. When Berardi's was bought out at the Point, they opened a restaurant outside of town and whenever I visit there from Chicago, I try to stop and order the fries. This year I turned 75 so I had my birthday party there and 31 family members from California to Texas to Michigan to Illinois and to Ohio joined me at there location and what a great meal and those who ordered fries and pies from them were doubly pleased. Their wait staff and kitchen did a wonderful job on 32 individual orders and the food was hot and tasty. The food is reasonable too and my 21 year old grandson was amazed that my bill for 32 family members came to just over $500 including the tip. Could not do that in Chicago for sure.
Ms. Prudence(Warren)Yontez

There are newer reviews for Berardi's Family Kitchen

Reviewed 8 October 2013

A group of about 15 or so had dinner at 6PM on a Saturday evening. The service was friendly, efficient and accommodating of our large group. Most of us had the spaghetti and meatballs which was very good especially the meatballs. No one in our party had any complaints about their service or food. This was not a fancy place, but very comfortable and clean. Definitely worth a dinner stop.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stopped here after staying at Cedar Point for the weekend. We went here after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was everything that everyone has said about it. We arrived between 9:30 and 10 on a Sunday. We didn't have to wait for a table. We were seated promptly and given coffee and drinks immediately. The waitress was attentive we were served promptly. My coffee was refilled several times without asking. The food was excellent and what you would expect from a family restaurant. First time eating here and I would definitely eat here again when in Sandusky. When we left at about 11 AM it was starting to get busy. Go early.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant many times and the food is always good. I personally think their coffee is a little weak but I like strong coffee. We sometimes stop here on our way to Cedar Point and today the wait for food was a bit long (at least 25 minutes) and we just got eggs and pancakes. There was not a lot of people there either so I am not sure what the problem was.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This is a quaint family place to eat. The service was superb and our waitress was a doll. All the food is cooked to order. Their homemade honey maple salad dressing was great. The fries are everything I hoped they would be. I would typicall never get fried chicken but I went out on a limb. It was unreal. It was so tender and delicious. I would go back again just for the chicken. I got a piece of chocolate silk pie that was very good but the whipped topping had an almond flavor that I didn't care for. My friend got the peanut butter pie and it was amazing! I would recommend Berardi's.

1  Thank heathsrutt