“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Daly's Pub

Daly's Pub
Ranked #49 of 183 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I went here back in June during Ohio Bike Week. Great atmosphere that has never been overly crowded. Great patio for people watching and outdoor alcohol intake. We liked it so much we came back during Labor Day weekend.

My shrimp salad and my friends Rueben sandwiches were delicious and the service was quick and on point.

I would highly suggest coming here even if it is for some bar food, happy hour, or an all night party.

• Visited September 2013

Windsor, Canada
“Hip hip Hooray!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Thank goodness for friendly people still in the world. We were sort of stranded in the morning after missing the Put in bay ferry, we had to wait over an hour for the next one (we blame Sandcastle suites for this, see that review) The owners of this restaurant opened early for us and told us all the the island, so friendly, we cant thanks them enough. They offered to call a taxi for us after our trip on the ferry also. So we certainly stopped in for beer after our trip. Cheers to friendliness, it is not dead here!

Visited July 2013
Naples, Florida
“FUN.. PLUS GREAT BAR 25+TAPS, GOURMET PIZZA, FRESH LAKE ERIE PERCH”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stopped for happy hour and it turned into a fun night with my friends who enjoyed a great pizza and I had the Lake Erie Perch that I truly miss living in Florida.

The staff were great to us letting us sit in the corner windows and then on the Patio overlooking the Jet Express Ferry to Kelleys Island and Put-In-Bay.

We cannot wait for another visit and will definitely make this one of our top priorities.

• Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Terrible Service,Bartender with BAD additude..walked out”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this pub last Monday night. We were staying at the Kalahari where they have many food options but we like to try out local places when we are out of town. My boyfriend was craving wings and by this time it was around 830 and surprisingly alot of places in sandusky close at 8! We drove by this place on our way to Water Street Bar and Grille but when we drove by it looked like a place we may like better so we went there instead. There were about 3 couples sitting outside drinking and when we walked in there were about 6 people at the very large bar they had. There was only one bartender working,she was older with blonde hair. We never got greeted when walking into the door but we sat down anyway at a round table right next to the bar. After 10 minutes of sitting there without a menu or a greeting I got up to grabbed a menu off the other table next to us. A few more girls walked in for drinks and they were served before us! This was after about 20 minutes of waiting. We wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and gave her a few minutes more. She then started conversating with two men that were at the bar ( we were in her line of vision). At that point we decided to leave but before I did I went up to the bar and asked if we have to order our drinks and food ourselves at the bar,she and replied back in a very snarky tone "If i have time to serve tables I will serve them." Being a bartender myself I know that this is not how you treat a paying customer! I also use to bar-tend where I had to juggle a FULL bar and tables. She wasn't even busy and stood around for most of the time we were waiting, and the fact that we weren't even acknowledged really upset me. I told her we were leaving then because we wanted to be served at a table and we just waited 30 minutes without her even coming up to us! As we walked out she yelled " OK HUNNY DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT" a bunch of locals seemed to chimed in as well making rude remarks. By the time we left it was 9ish and most of the restuatunts in the area were already closed. We ended up eating at CHEERS and having a great time,I highly recommend that place,the bartender we had named Barry was great too! (managed a whole full bar and tables as well!). I work in the service industry so i understand when a bartender is busy and has the whole place to themselves its obviously going to be a wait,but we waited for 30 minutes at a practically empty bar and were ignored. And for a person to yell at me as I walk out the door because I don't want to stay because of the poor service is UNACCEPTABLE. I called the manager the next day to tell her about our experience and she at least was very sorry about the whole situation and explained to me it wasn't the first time shes had a complaint about this certain bartender. She offered us drinks on the house next time we were in town but unfortunately, I don't think Ill be giving this place a second chance.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Besides drinking here, pretty lame overall”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Food is poor at best, crowd can be obnoxious for a family--lots of loud bad language. The atmosphere is nothing special. Try the bar down the street called Cabana Jacks for much better burgers and good bands (easier and much friendlier for families most days too) or the Water Street bar across the street

Visited July 2012