“Great wine bar, very good restaurant.”
Review of Crush Winebar

Crush Winebar
Reserve with OpenTable
Crush Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 183 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water Street
Sandusky, Ohio
“Great wine bar, very good restaurant.”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The original wine bar is outstanding, beautiful and with excellent bartenders making your cocktails and pouring your wine. The new kitchen bar is very nice, too, but I prefer the original side. The small plates are generally very good, but the dinners are never quite as good as we expect when we order. The service is generally good. The atmosphere is great! A must visit in Sandusky.

• Visited July 2013

Sandusky, Ohio
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This place is outstanding! We ate at the kitchenbar this time. I highly recommend the surf and turf sushi roll. We had potstickers and they were also very good. They have a great drink selection, too. This place does not feel like it is in Sandusky. It should be in Cleveland or another big city. I was very impressed with our server. She was extremely pleasant and attentive. I would absolutely recommend this place to couples as it is a very intimate atmosphere.

Stow, Ohio
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The lack of customer service ruined our experience and we will never go back. I asked if a substitution could be made to accommodate an allergy and was informed by the waitress that this was not an issue. When my food was brought from the kitchen, I confirmed that the substitution was made, and was assured it was fine. My first bite, I could tell there was a problem. When we complained, the plate was taken away without apology. The waitress's only response was that she had put my request in the computer and it was not her fault. No one asked if I was ok. We decided to speak with the manager, hoping for an apology and some assurance he would talk to his staff. After all, I was going to have a long uncomfortable night ahead. Instead,his first response was that I need to take responsibility for my allergy and perhaps I should not eat at his restaurant. We were shocked! We were not being loud or rude about our complaint. When I stated that, I am quite sure how to manage my allergy, and simply wanted an apology, he abliged by mocking me with a very insincere "oh my gosh, I'm sorry". At this point, if enough damage was not done, he went into a lecture of how my allergy could not be, as the substitution I requested was too closely related. I have never been treated in such a manner and am severely disappointed in the attitude and behavior of the staff and management at Crush.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank DJSO
PC
“Fine Dining in Sandusky”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

High end cuisine in Sandusky! If you have a taste for the finer things in life, give it a try. It's on the more expensive end, but I've found you get what you pay for. I'm not much into wine (the wife is), but they'll make you a good drink too.

• Visited July 2013
Dexter, Michigan
“Great first visit”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Great food, wonderful atmosphere and very friendly/helpful staff. I took important clients here for casual business dinner on their recommendation and it was a hit!

• Visited June 2013