We stayed at the Fairfield as it was rated #1 with Trip Advisor. The room was nice but not particularly large or beautiful. The outside seemed very plain for a Marriott property, but certainly clean and well maintained. Breakfast was above average for chains of this caliber as it featured Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. Also had really nice pastries. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful. Front desk staff were pleasant and efficient and offered to call a cab to get us to the train depot in the early morning. The rates at this Fairfield were $30-$40 higher than the Comfort Inn that we stayed at in Sandusky on this same trip. Although the bed and the breakfast was nicer, I'm not sure that overall the Fairfield was significantly nicer. I should add that the reason we didn't stay the entire trip at the Fairfield was because of a rate question. I had originially booked a two night stay, then decided to come in a day early. When I called the hotel two days prior to our projected arrival,(Sandusky number, not the 800 number,) I was told that there was a room available, but that rates changed daily. For this reason, the desk person could not tell me what rate I'd pay for that additional night. She said it was "hotel policy," not to give the rate. I asked at what point I would know what rate I would pay, and was told that I wouldn't know the rate until I actually checked in - by that time it would be too late to cancel. Because of my discomfort with agreeing to reserve a room without knowing the rate, we stayed our first of three nights in Sandusky at the Comfort Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites, located in beautiful Sandusky, Ohio. Our hotel is conveniently situated on Route 250, within a short drive of local attractions including Cedar Point Amusement Park, Sandusky State Theater, Kalahari Water Park, and various shopping, dining, and nature trails along unforgettable Lake Erie. We offer various room sizes to accommodate travelers for leisure and business alike. We want you to work well, eat well, rest well, and be well, so at our hotel you can stay connected with free high speed internet, start your day with our complimentary hot breakfast, work out in our fitness center, relax in a heated indoor pool, sleep soundly in luxury bedding, and enjoy flat screen televisions with newly added HD channels. Come and see how Fairfield has what you need to be at your best during your travels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Fairfield Sandusky
- Sandusky Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky Ohio