“Really enjoyable stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Needed a place to stay before a visit to Cedar Point, the family was very happy with this selection. The room, a suite in this case, was excellent and very well decorated and very contemporary. When did you last stay at a place with dimmable lights over the head of the beds? Suite had two large flatscreen televisions, one in each room, and also a small stereo system in the sitting room. Pool and hot tub area was neat and fresh towels were over the chairs in the area. Only real knock was the breakfast area as it is small for the volume of people that used it. Selection at breakfast was also average with some items already cleaned out before we got there. Kudos to the breakfast staff as they tried to keep up, but the number of people eating was overwhelming them. Overall, I'd gladly stay here again!

2  Thank Kent S

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I had a great experience. Manny's and Danny Boys are great resturants across that street that the front desk recommended. Our requests for extra towels and shampoo was met in a very timely manor. I have always like Marriot and Fairfield Inn is one of the best in Sandusky. There are some pictures on here that definitly don't make sense. I have stayed in a bunch in town because my family comes to Cedar Point every year since 1998.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank cpfan1987
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you so much for your warm complients about our hotel. The staff and I want you always want everyone to feel like that this is a home away from home.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Not a whole lot of extras here, but the rooms were clean, the staff was nice, and the location was away from lots of the crowds. If your going to Cedar Point, this is a good place to stay. Not a very far drive, but yet away from most of the busier areas. It's a little on the high side price wise, but I thought it was worth it.

1  Thank stones2125
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My family and I just returned from a trip to Cedar Point. I spent a good deal of time while planning the trip trying to locate a nice, clean hotel near the park. Most reviews of hotels in the Sandusky area consistently mentioned dirty rooms and being overpriced. We decided to try Fairfield Inn because they had many good reviews. We were very happy with our choice. The rooms and hotel were clean, the breakfast bar was replenished each time it began to run low, and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Ruthann checked us in upon arrival and was very friendly. I do not normally write reviews but wanted to in this case because it had been so difficult to find a clean hotel that was not overpriced. I would certainly recommend Fairfield Inn to anyone looking to visit Cedar Point and be assured of a comfortable, quiet stay.

1  Thank Kathy U
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My family and I stayed Friday - Monday of Memorial Day weekend and other than one evening of an obnoxious hillbilly family overtaking the pool area like it was their own upscale backyard BBQ, this place was clean, comfortable and very, very nice. From the moment we checked in with the very pleasant and welcoming staff, to the kind housekeeping and maintenance staff that we passed, there was nothing that could could even resemble a complaint. The pool was clean and the kids loved it....the whirlpool was clean and everyone enjoyed it. Its very nice with Cedar Point open and the fact that you are just a short drive away and not right on top of all of the craziness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank pghmumma
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for your wonderful compliments about the staff and our hotel. We enjoy seeing smiling happy guests everyday!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Nothing overly fancy here. A bit pricey for what you get. During our stay the hotel was putting in new microwaves and mini firdges in each room. A better upgrade would've been new pillows and a better breakfast. Without a doubt some of the most uncomfortable pillows I've ever used. We were reserved for 3 nights but ended up staying only 2 because the rate wwent from $119 Thurs to $149 Fri and $159 Saturday. We instead drove to Cleveland since we were flying out of there in the morning and stayed at a Hampton Inn for $99 which had much more comfortable beds and pillows. Otherwise it was clean and convenient to Cedar Point.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay in this hotel.It was great as usual. The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. This was a busy weekend with Bike Week starting and the hotel was pretty full as far as could tell by the amount of cars in the parking lot. With Cedar Point being open now also this is a good place to stay. The free breakfast is good with cereal, breads, fruit, juice, breakfast Sandwiches and more. This hotel has renovated with new carpet and paint and curtains and the beds were very comfy. There is fridge and microwave in the rooms. The pool was open and looked clean. My husband and I stay here often and would not stay anywhere else when in Sandusky. The room was very clean, and I requested extra towels and and coffee since we don't have house keeping while we are there. Only reason being is I am allergic to many cleaning supplies, I don't make my bed everyday at home so no need to while we are away either. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business