“5 Stars By Far!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is absolutely the best one in Sandusky to date! The rooms are clean and made fresh daily! The breakfast is great and fully restocked (hard to find in a free breakfast setting) The staff is amazing! I would like to single out Ashlee and Jeannette at the front desk! They are wonderful! Our heater/AC wasn't working properly and Ashlee came to fix it, bless her soul! My only concern is that when trying to get a hold of the GM he was never there. I called the front desk many times to tweak my reservation and every time I asked Kevin, the GM, was not at the property. I believe in being punctual, and if you are the GM you should always be on time and readily available is a guest needs your help. Other then that 5 stars!

Room Tip: East wing is lovely! If you see Ashlee or Jeannette working, you are in for a treat!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

I am so glad you had a great stay my employees work hard to ensure you our guest get treated like part of our hotel family. In regards to not being able to speak to me directly I am readily available to my guests 24 hours a day. I have taken calls in the middle of the night at home on my days off to guests that needed to speak to me and you can see that by reading through the reviews for my hotel I am readily available to my guests. I was not in the hotel recently because my mother had passed away and I was out of town. My employee's probably did not share this with you because they felt it was personal I wanted to post this because your review sounds like I am never here at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will come back soon,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed one night. No problem with reservation until I found out the room was on an upper floor and the elevator is far from the lobby area and nearby parking. The bathroom toilet is better suited to a child as it has a small bowl and sets low to the floor. The staff are nice and helpful. The property appears in good condition and the room was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I am glad you had a good stay the most important thing to me and for you my guest is that you found the room and the hotel room clean and well maintained. Your basic need as a guest at any hotel is a place to sleep and no one can sleep in a room that is not cleaned and well maintained.
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Sandusky, Ohio.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I spend 100+ nights per year in hotel rooms. Honestly this was the nicest Fairfield Inn I've ever experienced.

My only issues are the $150.00 per night and loud/dirty air conditioner.

Property is very well cared for and clean.
All employees I encountered were friendly and totally professional.
Public areas and rooms have been recently updated. Are pretty, comfrontable and smell nice.
Additional perks like breakfast, indoor pool/hot tub, free working wifi, in-room fridge/microwave add to this properties value. However don't justify the high price tag; after all it's just a Fairfield Inn...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank bowman716
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you so much for this review!!!! It gives an entire review on the hotel and rates it to other Fairfield Inns you have stayed at. Future readers that see this will be able to read the time and care the employees and myself put in to making sure every aspect of this hotel is up to par and we meet all of our guests needs and expectations.
thank you!!!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a recent motorcycle trip through Ohio. The front desk receptionist was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were large and clean. Pillows were great! Included breakfast was adequate. Location was easy to find. An excellent Italian restaurant directly across the street. I would stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flexecutives

I am so glad you found everything up to Marriott standards!! We work very hard to give you that kind of stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites because we are first and foremost a Marriott property. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 5 different occasions this Cedar Point season and it only got better. Its priced a little high for a Fairfield inn but you get the Marriott quality and friendliness you'd expect. We used the pool for the first time this visit and for an indoor pool, it was great. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lucy4242
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you so much for coming back again. You know I spend a lot of time reading the reviews on this site and the Guest Satisfaction Survey on Marriott, I am guilty of checking both sites and pouring over them on my days off. The staff and myself hold ourselves accountable for good reviews and bad reviews. We critique this hotel to what the guest liked and did not like because your opinion and how you felt during your stay is what matters. We want you to always have a great and memorable stay. So thank you for continuing to come back to my hotel and I am very happy you once again had a great stay!!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Aside from the mess, this is a typical Marriott quality hotel, with nice size, nice shower, and quality beds. My room, for some reason, had a dirty hand towel in the sink when I walked in. Also, the chair was just nasty...use your imagination here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank holliday50
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I am very sorry about the chair and dirty hand towel in your room this is unacceptable to say the least!!!!! I wish you would have informed me or one of my front desk staff of this problem or even sent me an email during your stay I would have liked to taken care of it and found out who cleaned that room. I run a very clean property and I all I can do is say I am so sorry you had this happen to you.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights over Labor Day Weekend. The hotel was conveniently located for our visit to the area. I found the room to be on the small side and we could have used a little more space for our luggage. The fridge was a very mini fridge as well as a very small microwave. We had brought food to pack lunches and to heat up for dinner and ended up having to keep some in the cooler with ice because there was not enough room in the fridge. The beds were okay but on the soft side. I could here people in the hallway and around us in the early evening until everyone settled down. I use earplugs because I am sensitive to noise but the kids were very rowdy when they returned to their room. The pool and hot tub were warm and nice to swim in. I did not like the amount of water on the floor from all of the kids getting in and out of the pool, I wonder if there is a way to have the water drain away or to somehow make the floor less slippery. There was a lot of activity the first night with several families with about 12 kids running in and out of the pool area. The second night we were the only ones there and the floor was much drier. Breakfast was ok. There were premade mini waffles under a heat lamp. They were hard and not as nice as fresh. Next was a bowl of fruit, nice in flavor but still ice in the middle both mornings. I never saw an attendant either morning. I looked for someone the second day because there was no serving spoon for one of the dishes but I didn't see anyone for the entire time we were down there. Would I stay here again? It would depend on price because we were ok with our stay it just wasn't that spectacular to make me want to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KB231blue

Thank you for your input I am glad you had a good stay over the labor day weekend. I am going to have to change how we do the waffles and guest input helps me guide how to do that so thank you!! Although I am sorry I could not wow you with my breakfast, rooms or mini-fridge and microwave I hope my staff and the cleanliness of my hotel will make you want to return.