“Always a Pleaseure”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Michigan
“Always a Pleaseure”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This property is always a good stay when we come to Sandusky. You won't be disappointed in this hotel. The room was clean and very comfy. The front desk girl was so bubbly and nice. I cant think of her name. She tried to look up rates for us for a stay we plan for in June during a very busy weekend in Sandusky to see if we could get a cheaper rate. It is during Bike week along with Cedar Point being open and the prices are very expensive. I might call the manager to see what he can do about the price. But when in Sandusky I recommend this hotel. The free breakfast is is OK. The girls are always busy keeping the trays full. The mini waffles are not bad but if left under the lights too long they get a bit crispy and tough. You don't get to make your own waffles. There is fruit, juices eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cold cereal and enough things to choose from. I know the manager reads these reviews and keeps up on things.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying again! From looking at your review I see this is your third stay with me and I find your reviews are very helpful to other people because you recognize the consistency in the quality of our service and the quality of the product we have is shown each time in your reviews. So thank you for taking the time to post them.
Kevin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Michigan, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Perfect place to crash the night before Cedar Point. This hotel was very friendly with everything we needed. Nothing special...but not bad either. Give them a try! Nice breakfast. It was a nice stop for our family.

• Stayed October 2013
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for the review!! Yes you are right we are a great stopping place before you go to Cedar Point and your not going to get room service here but your going to get a clean, safe and nice play to stay with a big breakfast to start off your long day at the park. Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Sandusky.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is absolutely the best one in Sandusky to date! The rooms are clean and made fresh daily! The breakfast is great and fully restocked (hard to find in a free breakfast setting) The staff is amazing! I would like to single out Ashlee and Jeannette at the front desk! They are wonderful! Our heater/AC wasn't working properly and Ashlee came to fix it, bless her soul! My only concern is that when trying to get a hold of the GM he was never there. I called the front desk many times to tweak my reservation and every time I asked Kevin, the GM, was not at the property. I believe in being punctual, and if you are the GM you should always be on time and readily available is a guest needs your help. Other then that 5 stars!

Room Tip: East wing is lovely! If you see Ashlee or Jeannette working, you are in for a treat!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
I am so glad you had a great stay my employees work hard to ensure you our guest get treated like part of our hotel family. In regards to not being able to speak to me directly I am readily available to my guests 24 hours a day. I have taken calls in the middle of the night at home on my days off to guests that needed to speak to me and you can see that by reading through the reviews for my hotel I am readily available to my guests. I was not in the hotel recently because my mother had passed away and I was out of town. My employee's probably did not share this with you because they felt it was personal I wanted to post this because your review sounds like I am never here at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will come back soon,
Johnsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed one night. No problem with reservation until I found out the room was on an upper floor and the elevator is far from the lobby area and nearby parking. The bathroom toilet is better suited to a child as it has a small bowl and sets low to the floor. The staff are nice and helpful. The property appears in good condition and the room was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I am glad you had a good stay the most important thing to me and for you my guest is that you found the room and the hotel room clean and well maintained. Your basic need as a guest at any hotel is a place to sleep and no one can sleep in a room that is not cleaned and well maintained.
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Sandusky, Ohio.
Miami
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I spend 100+ nights per year in hotel rooms. Honestly this was the nicest Fairfield Inn I've ever experienced.

My only issues are the $150.00 per night and loud/dirty air conditioner.

Property is very well cared for and clean.
All employees I encountered were friendly and totally professional.
Public areas and rooms have been recently updated. Are pretty, comfrontable and smell nice.
Additional perks like breakfast, indoor pool/hot tub, free working wifi, in-room fridge/microwave add to this properties value. However don't justify the high price tag; after all it's just a Fairfield Inn...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank bowman716
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for this review!!!! It gives an entire review on the hotel and rates it to other Fairfield Inns you have stayed at. Future readers that see this will be able to read the time and care the employees and myself put in to making sure every aspect of this hotel is up to par and we meet all of our guests needs and expectations.
thank you!!!
Toronto
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a recent motorcycle trip through Ohio. The front desk receptionist was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were large and clean. Pillows were great! Included breakfast was adequate. Location was easy to find. An excellent Italian restaurant directly across the street. I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flexecutives
I am so glad you found everything up to Marriott standards!! We work very hard to give you that kind of stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites because we are first and foremost a Marriott property. Thank you for staying with us.
Kevin
Park Hills, KY (just outside Cincinnati)
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 5 different occasions this Cedar Point season and it only got better. Its priced a little high for a Fairfield inn but you get the Marriott quality and friendliness you'd expect. We used the pool for the first time this visit and for an indoor pool, it was great. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Lucy4242
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you so much for coming back again. You know I spend a lot of time reading the reviews on this site and the Guest Satisfaction Survey on Marriott, I am guilty of checking both sites and pouring over them on my days off. The staff and myself hold ourselves accountable for good reviews and bad reviews. We critique this hotel to what the guest liked and did not like because your opinion and how you felt during your stay is what matters. We want you to always have a great and memorable stay. So thank you for continuing to come back to my hotel and I am very happy you once again had a great stay!!!!