“Day passes only”

Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Ravenna, Ohio
“Day passes only”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had won day passes from an auction so we only used the waterpark. Truly geared for families with younger children. My kids are a little older (tween and teenage) but still enjoyed themselves. They have a lot of lifeguards so safety is top notch. Food is expensive but it's what you would come to expect at a place like. Overall good experience. May not necessarily return to this GWL but try the other one Mason Ohio. Seems to have more for older children.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Chesnut2342

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We brought our 3 year old here as a surprise and we had so much fun as a family. There was lots to do, from the waterpark to the magic quest, arcade, spa, restaurants, story time, the wolf walk, ice cream and more. Its also in a great area, lots of shopping and restaurants close. Rooms are big and clean, we will be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We attended my daughters softball tournament in nearby Huron this past weekend. This was our second time at the Lodge and we could not be happier with our stay. Things were just a pleasing as our first stay. I was a little nervous travelling with a softball team and was expecting several other teams in the hotel that weekend. I know there were but the girls were well behaved. As stated before, the hotel is clean and neat, Our room was just right and of course the waterpark was a blast. I felt very comfortable letting our older kids (12, 11 and 9) run around and enjoy themselves while my wife and I attended to our 2 year old daughter. She loved the park and did not want to leave.
If you are visiting Cedar Point or any other attractions in the area look into staying at the Great Wolf...it is worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lexington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had high hopes for this hotel, because of the raving reviews i had heard. But there were two adults, two teenagers, and four children, and there was not exactly something for all of them. The hotel is truly oriented towards families with younger children, because of the activities they have available, (which is wonderful if you have the money to spend). The rooms were clean for the most part, but i did find cobwebs in places, and the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The prices overall was outrageous, regardless of shopping, eating, or playing around the amenities the hotel had to offer inside it's oak resembled doors.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less children running around on them and are farther away from noise. Check web...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lincoln Park, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I would like to thank LaVerne Barron for her excellent customer service. This was our second trip to GWL in one month and the first time was truly the best. The hotel was not croweded, it was plenty of activities for kids and the food at the resturants were really good.

The second trip was for my 13 year Bday. Everything was the same except there was a problem with our check in and then a problem with the final bill. Exhausted and somewhat stressed, I expressed my irritation. LaVerne was nothing but pleasant and nice while trying to resolve my issues. She later saw me in the restroom and continued to follow up with my stay. She was truly nice and concerned for the satisfaction of the guest. So I will be returning to GWL.
Shavonne Brown
Lincoln Park, MI

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I would definitely stay here again! Very close to Cedar Point. My two kids loved all of the activities that the hotel offered. The waterpark and MagiQuest were their favorites. The lobby show was so cute. The rooms were clean and the staff was nice. I only wish that the bathrooms were a little larger but overall a great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank olive455
Port Royal, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is definitely a place for families. I stayed here with some friends for Colossalcon in June and while we managed to make it worth our time (we utilized the hot tub and arcade) we just were not the target audience.
If you're looking for something more adult, definitely choose the Kalahari because the Great Wolf Lodge is more suitable for families with younger children.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends