Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Amusement Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Budget Host Inn(Sandusky)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I will start with the good points.

= lady at the front desk was nice
= air conditioner worked
= clean comfy bed

NOW FOR THE BAD
= room smelt like mold
= mold in shower, had to re clean the bathroom
= floor was not vacuumed
= room needed to be dusted
= cigarette holes in blankets
= door was not secure and was beat down

The clean bed was the only reason we stayed in the room but, they need better house keepers. no guest should have to go behind and clean up their room before they feel comfortable enough to stay. The location was great for cedar point but I will pay more next time for a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
hotelsanduskyoh, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Amusement Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction.

The cleanliness issues you encountered have been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will improve our process to ensure all rooms reach the highest standards.

Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

We are thankful for mentioning all the positive sides which you observed during your stay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay Howard Johnson Express Inn.. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The room was in poor condition, ripped carpet, hole in bathroom wall no soap in bathroom and dust webs in the corners. Asked to pay cash at check in , instead CC was charged overall, even though price was very reasonable I would have paid $20 more per night for something clean and in good condition

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
hotelsanduskyoh, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Amusement Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Milan Rd. for your recent stay in our area.

Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Milan Rd. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Terrible Terrible Never again, we had a family of 4 and got the only room that was left on the site the king size bed, we had an air mattress for my son to sleep on. Well let me say we couldnt move the bed took up the entire room. The bathroom was tiny. Went to go get our money back to go somewhere different and they said we had to call expedia to get our money back, funny thing about that is I booked with the howard johnson website not expedia. Went back to the office and told them. They wanted my credit card to make sure I booked with them. Sure enough I did, told me my money would be back in 3 to 4 days it took 6 days to return. Very unhappy. Went to another hotel. Had a better trip to Cedar Point after that hiccup of a place. They should update pictures of the tiny rooms instead of mislead you into thinking rooms are huge.

1  Thank Amanda H

Dear Guest,

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Found this on Kayak two days before our trip to Cedar Point. Figured we'd drive in the night before so we would be fresh for our day. We had a few different $50 options but some didn't include a continental breakfast and others added $12 for having 4 people. (Myself and three kids).

I'll start with the good points. Very nice desk clerk whom i assumed was the son of the owners/managers. Check in was simple. The room was small but clean. Seemed newly updated and the bathroom and desk area were clean. Nothing really out of place. Newer flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Pool looked nice a clean but we didn't swim. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, donuts and cereal. Nothing too extravagant but to basically give my party of four a good send off it was just right. If you require a full breakfast, head down the road to a diner.

The room smelled musty and like the cleaners they use heavily during housekeeping. Partially because the air conditioner was off and the room must have been over 80 degrees. The air conditioner was a large older, noisy wall mounted unit that worked fine and perhaps the noise kept any outside noise from bothering our sleep. I'm glad that i found this small place at a great price for the grand total of 9 hours i was using it.

To end i will say that this hotel was probably there 20 years before i first went to Cedar Point in the early 70's and with a few updates is still filling the bill. Just understand that for the money it was a great deal but don't expect a 5 star experience. Your not paying for one! If i was a poor college kid again and had to pool my money to go on vacation i would think i was a pig in mud at this motel.

Dear Guest,

• Staff was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation.

Sincerely