“Simple and clean”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Sandusky
“Simple and clean”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

the hotel room was dated but clean. There was a clean pool in/ near the parking lot. The arcade/ vending room needing some cleaning and was pretty small/dated. There was no food service at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your comments, we value our guest feedback. We were pleased to read that you found the hotel to be both clean and comfortable, and thank you for sharing your comments with others.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Room is large, beds are very small. Toilet made noise all night. At least the internet worked.
No Clock Radio in the room so in the middle of the night, you have to find your phone to know the time. No Coffee in the Room. Soap comes out of dispensers on the wall. We're lucky there was soap. Wallpaper is starting to peel off the walls. Our carpet and the flooring was wet for some unknown reason. Can't figure out where the water was coming from, it might be condensation... ?
I walked down to get breakfast. I thought something was included and it was just coffee.
I was told the restaurant had closed down. So don't expect food hear either.
Its hard to find a decent hotel around Cedar Point, they are either Way over priced, or crap holes like this place. What do they do with the money they get from all the packed rooms around here, why don't the fix the rooms one at a time. ??? Its pitiful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dave D

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

South shore Inn

Check in on 7/20/13

Stayed in room 150 a three room suite. The room was clean and ready for our arrival. The pool was great and the Jacuzzi was actually working.
Stayed their for 7 days and the hotel staff was great.

They may need a new pull out but other than that it was great.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank seal08
marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
We appreciate you sharing your kind comments with others after your recent stay at our hotel. We were pleased to read that the three room suite suited your needs, and made for an enjoyable stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Defiance, OH
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our room was completely comfortable. The furniture is outdated, however its not busted up and is clean and in good condition. The pool is clean as well as the hot tub and the location is great to visit cedar point and other attractions. It is loud, you will hear suit cases rolling and doors opening and closing at all hours, so if you are a light sleeper this might not be the place for you. I do not mind because I get enough peace and quiet at home, we generally go on vacation for noise and excitement :) Shout out to Donna (I think that was her name) for being so kind to my husband. We will definitely stay at South Shore Inn again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank johnjanetl
marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the South Shore Inn when vacationing in Sandusky and visiting Cedar Point. We appreciate your kind comments, our guest feedback is very important to us.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I originally booked a different hotel and changed at the last minute to this one, and I'm so glad I did. We came here for 3 days to go to Cedar Point.

Check-in: Was an absolute breeze! We arrived a little after 4 pm and we had no wait and had our room key in hand in about 5 minutes.

Room: We had two room suite with refrigerator and microwave. It was a bit smaller than I had envisioned, however we made it work and didn't spend too much time in our room anyway. The room was nice and clean. The bed were a little hard for my liking but it didn't interrupt my sleep. The blankets left a lot to be desired. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a huge tub. The refrigerator was very nice and actually larger than I thought it would be.

Pool: This was the best part! The kids absolutely loved it and so did my husband and I. We ended up not going to Cedar Point one day just so we could spend the who day at the pool. It was never crowded and this kids loved the slides. We just had such a good time.

Overall, we had a great stay and we would stay here again if we are every up that way again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your family trip to Cedar Point. We appreciate our guest feedback and were pleased to read how much you enjoyed the accommodations, the location, and the pool area.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you plan to spend a day at the park.

fenton
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is very clean. The room we stayed in 112 was very clean. The tv's were new flat screens. Kellan at the front desk was very hospitable. You cannot beat the proximity to cedar point. The pool and hot tub were clean.

However I have it a 1 for overall because I brought home bed bugs which were confirmed as such by an exterminator. I called the hotel to let them know and after they performed a quick inspection said did not find anything. They then said that since the room was occupied they would have to check again after they left. I wish they would have said we will thoroughly check now as soon as we move the current occupants to a new room. I would like to add that I did not ask for a refund or any discount on future stays. I was courteous and not at all upset at the person on the phone. However after I talked to them after their inspection the general manager was not quite so friendly. I stated that I understood that even clean hotels can get bed bugs but that I wanted to alert them so they could fix the problem right away. The GM was adament that they did not find evidence of bed bugs. I can't home with. 9 bites after staying just 1 night. I'll let toy be the judge.

This was my first time ever getting bed bugs from a hotel.

I have the value 1 because after staying at the hotel I had to pay an additional $270 to get the bugs confirmed and removed. I should have just stayed at great wolf lodge.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank lehtisha
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I we're searching for a decent place to stay for a couple days. We were glad we stayed here. It was what we were looking for. Requirements were: not too expensive, close to Cedar Point, safe area, and above all clean. The decor is a bit dated but our room was fresh, roomy and more importantly clean. A great location if you're in town to visit Cedar Point. It is just a short drive. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel when in Sandusky to go to Cedar Point. We were very pleased to see that our location perfectly suited your needs, and that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service that you received.

We hope to see you again the next time you plan a get-a-way to Cedar Point.