“Comfortable!”

South Shore Inn
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
“Comfortable!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Great overall. Pool is very fun, has two water slides and the pool is 8 ft deep, which is awesome. Hot tub is right by pool, love the location. We had conjoined rooms, which were very nice and spacious. Clean place. Bed are comfy! Would recommend and would stay again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Emily W
marilyn1714, Guest Service Manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we were pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Cedar Point area.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am a branch manager for Wells Fargo Bank, we drove to Sandusky from Atlanta Georgia on June 8th with my 67 year old mother. We arrived at 1150 pm, they had a motorcycle group that was completely drunk, they were pealing rubber in the parking lots. They were in large groups the were sitting on the balconies and ground level so many that you could not pass. They had music blaring they were running up and down the halls knocking on doors. All the hotels were booked. As we were checking in the neighboring houses were calling complaining about the noise. My mother was afraid my children had never seen anything like it. I continued to call down to the lobby until well after 2:30am after an 11 hour drive. In the morning exhausted I spoke to the general manager Kellen who advised me that it was only a three hour inconvenience and on a 276.00 dollar bill for two rooms the best that he could do was 25:00 dollars a room. He stated that because of the commission fees that he had to pay to Expedia that it just wasn't worth it. When I booked this hotel the lady told me it was bike week but that they were very respectful. He told me all the hotels were experiencing the same thing so it wasn't that big of a deal. I promptly checked out called expedia to make a complaint and will continue to post this on every site available. When you go to a hotel you pay to rest and regardless if 30 minutes was interrupted if as a general manager you are receiving calls at home from your front desk employee in our face about the noise level, and you font think that night should be compensated you are in the wrong business. We refund fees that our not our error just for customer service and retention. I would never stay at this hotel again or any affiliate hotel. I don't think I have ever paid 276 for one night and been so insulted. Stay away from this hotel it has no classy leadership .

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Cwilliams72
marilyn1714, Guest Service Manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as our guest comments are very important to us. Bike week is a yearly event, always taking place the first weekend in June. It is the largest bike rally in the Midwest, and Sandusky is a major destination for this event, causing all hotels to be sold out, with many riders celebrating throughout the weekend.

Guest Service Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here twice now after visiting Cedar Point, and were extremely pleased with our stay. The rooms were very clean and it's so close to Cedar Point. It's a great value for the price. Would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Joanna417
marilyn1714, Guest Service Manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel when you visit the Cedar Point area, and for sharing your experience with others. We were pleased to see that our location, and clean and comfortable rooms were just what you were looking for, and hope to see you again very soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the south shore with 3 of my friends. We stayed overnight for Halloweekends at Cedar Point back on the 12-13 of October. The hotel was very clean and very close to the park, which was nice. However, I was double charged for my room and when trying to contact someone from the hotel to fix the issue I have gotten no reply and it going on 3 weeks now with no reply and I have tried e-mail as well as the two phone numbers listed. The rooms are great, but the customer service really needs to handle issues better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your comments, we were pleased to see that our clean, comfortable rooms and location close to Cedar Point suited your needs perfectly. I apologize that it took longer than it should have to resolve your room charge issues, it is our policy to contact any guest with a concern immediately, which did not happen in your case.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again next year when visiting Cedar Point.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend spent the night here during the last weekend for Cedar Point "Halloweekends". We entered through the lobby, and were quickly given a room, although we had showed up without reservations and on short notice. It was around 9:30pm. After carefully reviewing other nearby hotels and inns, we decided on South Shore Inn.My boyfriend and I were very pleased. This place was clean, quiet and the staff were friendly and helpful. Initially, we were given a room and the heat did not work correctly. However, we were quickly given another room and everything ran smoothly in that room. The bed was comfy and the sheets were a pristine white. My boyfriend and I slept wonderfully on that bed after a long, rainy day at Cedar Point. It is literally down the street from Cedar Point, about 5 minutes away. The price was nice considering its closeness to Cedar Point and it even had a Jacuzzi tub. It was nice and we took nice long soak. The water was hot and the tub was clean. The shower was great too. The water pressure was just right. Everything was so clean. They even had a tv. It was kinda dated, but it had a nice selection of channels. Overall we had a great stay. It was a nice bang for your buck!!!

• Stayed October 2013
marilyn1714, Owner at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, it was so rewarding to read how much you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to host you again the next time you are in the area.

Oil City, PA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My boyfriend and I spent Saturday, October 12 night at South Shore Inn before going to Cedar Point the next day. My boyfriend handled all of the reservation, so I can't speak to that, but I do know that he had some trouble with confirming our reservation. He called the hotel several times after receiving his e-mail confirmation of the room, but they couldn't find it in their system. So he called the next day, and he got it all straightened out. So, if I were you, I'd make sure to call the hotel itself and make sure your reservation went through on their end! Arriving at the hotel was easy. It's in a nice, semi-private location and had a big lit up 'South Shore Inn' sign to welcome you. Checking in was easy and fast. The lady at the counter was friendly, but a bit monotone. It would have been nice if the hotel had a restaurant in it to prevent you from any more travel, but we ended up going up the road a mile to TGI Fridays. Cedar Point's entrance is also only a mile up the road, so the hotel is very close without being in between a bunch of other businesses. When getting back to settle in for the night at South Shore, it wasn't very busy. Not many cars were in the parking lot and no one was out and about, which we liked. The room was in the corner of the furthest back building, so it was private and very quiet. The room was nice. I really enjoyed the bed. It was very comfortable and the comforter was soft and light. Not like those ugly flowered comforters you see in other hotels. The shower was great too. Nice pressure and the water was hot in the morning. I'd suggest bringing your own soap and whatnot because the 'shower gel' they provide doesn't smell nice (like old lady) and it seems like it doesn't want to come off of you. The TV was older and the remote would only go down one channel, that's it. We had to get up to control the volume and power, which was funny. Overall, we had a great time and don't really have any complaints. If we're in the area, I think we'll be staying at the South Shore Inn again. It's a convenient, affordable, and nice location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather W
marilyn1714, revenue manager at South Shore Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and that you took the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. We were pleased to read that our location near by Cedar Point suited your needs, and that you enjoyed the accommodations as well as the service that you received. I apologize for the initial confusion you had regarding your reservation confirmation, but was happy to see that all was taken care of for you.

We hope to see you again when you visit Cedar Point.

Howard, Ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Took and overnight trip to Cedar Point for Halloweekends and decided to try this place. Great price for the area. We've stayed a EVERY Cedar Point owned property. This hotel is comparable to any of those properties and our king size room was better than most. The room was very clean, the bed comfy, and it had a huge spa tub. The furniture, lights, and tv are dated, but no different from some of the Breakers rooms we've been in and paid way too much for. Only negative comment is a slight musty smell I think from the air conditioner. I think every older hotel up there gets this smell since they close up during the off season for the most part.
Great price and room. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Great for Cedar Point over night stay.